Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!!!

Comment

Hey Ali Akbar great tool, after Dungeon Architect that I bought without even thinking, the tool that made me move from unity even if there is already that, guilty :P, can't wait to see this on the marketplace even for a price, I imagine it will perfectly work with Dungeon Architect yes? I would also pay for integration with other different other marketplace environment themes like integrated already, I think you can sell something like this, have the plugin ready if you want it to be free and sell the ready made themes , kind of feels wrong not to pay you for this great things, it realy takes time, I know that very well.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words Seeing you folks find this tool useful makes all the effort worthwhile
        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Uploaded a new version to the website (v1.0.4). Right now it has only the windows build. I'll upload Mac build later today

https://prefabricator.io

Version 1.0.4
          • Fixed a mobility bug with prefabs
          • Added whitelist platforms to the plugin descriptor as per the marketplace requirements
          • Added categories to all blueprint UFUNCTIONs so it doesn't cause compile errors on engine source builds (thanks Lukasz "iniside" Baran)
          • Added authors page
          • Added undo transaction on prefab creation

Version 1.0.3
          • Added whitelist platforms to the plugin descriptor as per the marketplace requirements

Version 1.0.2
          • Added Marketplace url in the plugin descriptor file
          • Updated the year to 2019 in copyright header of the C++ files as per the marketplace guidelines

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks very much, especially for giving this away for free! It looks really interesting but I'm curious what the benefits are of using prefabs instead of blueprints construction script?

Comment

Uploaded Mac version of 1.0.4 on the website

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder_Owl View Post
                Please question: when this comes free to Marketplace / Launcher - will it have support for lower UE versions, 4.19? Thank You.
                It will support from 4.21 onward. There are a few things I need exposed from the content browser module that 4.19 doesn't have

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TRapp View Post
                  This looks awesome. Are these assets all from marketplace packs? Which assets are used in the dungeon @2m? How about the city @0:20s?
                  Yes they are marketplace assets.I've updated the video description with the art asset credits

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Sanderson View Post
                    Hi Ali, thanks so much for this. This seems like a solution and extention for the Snap Builder in your excellent Dungeon Architect package on the marketplace. Will yo be doing any videos on them combined ?
                    Sure. Prefab randomziations will DA will work great, I'll have more info soon

Discord Support

Comment

This is simply awesome! Can i put individual interactable actors inside prefabs? like health potions in shelves and such, then be able to actually interact with my actor?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabudum View Post
                        This is simply awesome! Can i put individual interactable actors inside prefabs? like health potions in shelves and such, then be able to actually interact with my actor?
                        Answer answer is pretty much yes.
                        Basically you make a list of random objects say book or potion and give them their chance of appearing
                        Then make a couple of these and put all those into a master prefab.

Then place it.
                        It will either generate then, creating the prefab of prefabs or you can use BP to make it generate at run time.
                        Issues you might have is setting it up and putting it in a different book shelf it could overflow out and stuff.

But it's possible to even have the book shelves set up to be generated then call the appropriate prefab, which picks from some random groups...etc.

Comment

Awesome work and very honorable to offer it for free. Something like this was indeed missing in the toolset.

Comment

Sabudum BorlandFan Glad you like it.

Cultusfit you are spot on.

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                            Issues you might have is setting it up and putting it in a different book shelf it could overflow out and stuff.

But it's possible to even have the book shelves set up to be generated then call the appropriate prefab, which picks from some random groups...etc.
                            The shelves and the tables in the promo video pick up the right child prefabs (bottles, books etc) depending on the selected base mesh to decorate them without overflowing. I'll have a sample soon
                            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 01-17-2019, 10:41 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

And in case it ever comes up:
                              item drops.

With the weighted ability it works amazingly well.
                              Setting up groups groups items that might drop together, and a "nothing" option.
                              Then collect those in a prefab(s) based on enemy/loot level and spawn away!

This tool is proving to have amazing uses! And is amazingly easy to use. I might love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                                And in case it ever comes up:
                                item drops.

With the weighted ability it works amazingly well.
                                Setting up groups groups items that might drop together, and a "nothing" option.
                                Then collect those in a prefab(s) based on enemy/loot level and spawn away!

This tool is proving to have amazing uses! And is amazingly easy to use. I might love you.
                                That's a very nice use case, didn't think of that

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X