Prefabricator - Open Source Prefab Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelfire View Post
    Can you make a demo project based on the free Ice/Fire Infinity Assets? It would help a lot to see practical use from an expert!
    Sure, I'll create samples soon
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      Ali Akbar

Do I need to do anything special to have it working with UE4 built from source (non-Epic fork of UE4) ?
      It should work with source builds as long as your engine modifications haven't introduced any breaking changes ofcourse. Let me know if you face any issues. The current version is compiled against 4.21 stable build

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by vorixo View Post
        Hello Ali Akbar wonderful work. I have all my level designer friends freaking out about this.

Some user on discord reported that converting a prefab to one single static mesh doesn't merge the materials, I don't know if this has something to do with the plugin but I thought it was worth pointing it out.

Again, wonderful job, big kudos.
        vorixo Thank you for letting me know. I'll have a closer look

Discord Support

Comment

Please question: when this comes free to Marketplace / Launcher - will it have support for lower UE versions, 4.19? Thank You.

Comment

This looks awesome. Are these assets all from marketplace packs? Which assets are used in the dungeon @2m? How about the city @0:20s?

Comment

Hi Ali, thanks so much for this. This seems like a solution and extention for the Snap Builder in your excellent Dungeon Architect package on the marketplace. Will yo be doing any videos on them combined ?

Comment

This looks amazing. With this plugin Dungeon ARchitect will be so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                  WRKSGames Thank you

Cultusfit You can spawn your prefabs at runtime. You can also randomize them at runtime. If you build smaller level chunk prefabs and use them to build your rooms, you can randomize the room to make it look different, like in the gif above. You can then make this room another prefab and reuse it
                  HOLY S@!t
                  until this is on the market you are not allowed to do anything except work on it.
                  I was going to get into that soon but have decided that due to this coming out I will NOT until then so I dont have to worry excessively on rebuilding.

Thank you for this soo much this looks amazing, and the run time is great.

edit:
                  you can sleep...i just realized you had the download on there. I was looking on the market....teehee

Comment

An amazing addition to UE4. You Rock! Ali Akbar

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

AMAZING!! Very good job.

Comment

amazing work.

Comment

I just want you to know you converted a person using unity.
                            They were worried about not having the prefab system that I guess comes stock there?

And now they are moving to unreal. Grats. That's a badge of honor.

Btw, haven't got to deep with it yet. But looks/works amazing with just basic stuff i've done so far so a great addition for everyone

Comment

Awsome… Thank you for creating this and making it free.

Comment

Epic should give you a grant to keep making tools like this. Well done!

For anyone who comes across this and who hasn't looked at the author's Dungeon Architect yet, I highly recommend it!

Comment

Working...
                                X