Prefabricator - Open Source Prefab Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Thanks for the response, I checked this page https://docs.prefabricator.io/userguide/pivot.html and I'm not sure if this works anymore. The box just seems to follow the meshes when I move them, or it re-generates each time I move something. My prefabs are floating above the ground because the box extends too far below them and I have to manually lower the whole prefab.

Comment

Im trying to set prefabs along the spline(imagine fence, or street lights) Im trying to do it the same way I scatter static meshes. but it doesnt seems to work. Can you help me and point out to me what im doing wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_28.png
Views:	267
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	1781144

Comment

Hello, I'm using Git for version control. I added the plugin to the project plugins. I'm getting compilation error after cleaning the ignored files and recompiling the project. Prefabricator is causing the error. These two directories are in my ignored list:

Plugins/*/Binaries/*
        Plugins/*/Intermediate/*

The gitignore file I use:
        https://www.gitignore.io/api/windows...o,unrealengine

Error message:
        ... could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

Environment setup:
        Unreal Engine 4.25.1
        Prefabricator 1.5.2
        Windows 10 1909
        Visual Studio 2019 16.6.2
        MSVC v142 - VS 2019 C++ x64/x86 build tools (v14.26)
        Windows 10 SDK (10.0.18362.0)
        Last edited by emirhanaydin; 07-09-2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Documentation indicates replication is supported. However when I spawn a prefab at runtime on the server (using the SpawnPrefab node), it is not replicated to the client(s). I'm testing with a simple prefab containing a single static mesh. Prefab asset has the "Replicates" boolean checked.
          UE 4.25.1
          Win10 x64

is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?
          Thanks

Comment

Really appreciate giving this away for free. We have started to use this in some of our projects as an alternative to blueprints to use as containers.

We have found 1 issue currently which is quite a blocker for one of our projects.

Repro:
            Spawn prefab at runtime that contains a blueprint that runs a timeline node, the timeline doesn't work. (This is on multiple classes with things like platforms moving, visual effects being triggered via timeline and various other movements, none of them work).

It works if spawned in via editor, which made me think it was related to world context object, initially it was in the game mode with 'self' connected to it, I then proceeded to try it on various other locations but had no luck fixing the issue.

Would appreciate any insight into why this might be happening or even better, a bug fix for this particular issue.

Cheers!

Comment

Any linux support?

Comment

Working...
              X