Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] New Dark Age

Fellow enthusiasts,

I am pleased to share with you a project that has been worked on for the past year - "New Dark Age". The game is a post apocalyptic puzzle platformer, inspired by games such as My Little Nightmares and Inside. The goal of this project is to create a polished, enjoyable 2-3 hour experience filled with original content.
    We believe that with Unreal Engine and its fantastic community, it is possible for an indie developer to achieve a quality comparable with the big houses.
    It is my opinion that the game should speak for itself as much as possible, so instead of focusing on pretty screenshots and fancy text, I am going to share with you some footage. If you deem this to be your cup of coffee, feel free to stick to this thread as we will share more footage and details as we go along. We hope you enjoy this footage and good luck with your own projects!

Last edited by BorlandFan; 01-14-2019, 11:03 AM.

Looks interesting, I love the atmosphere! Will keep an eye on this one. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
      Looks interesting, I love the atmosphere! Will keep an eye on this one. =)
      Thank You! We will soon publish videos more revolving around puzzles/mechanics, besides atmosphere .

Comment

New gameplay.

Comment

Hover bike gameplay.

Comment

Impressive work!

Keep it up

I'm not much of a puzzle player myself but I feel like I could want to explore your world to discover some information about what happened (and the apocalypse).
            [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
            A-RPG Sacred Swords
            Auto-Chess Live Development
            Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Yun-Kun View Post
              Impressive work!

Keep it up

I'm not much of a puzzle player myself but I feel like I could want to explore your world to discover some information about what happened (and the apocalypse).
              Puzzles are not pleasurable per say, but I feel like it is a neccessary component to maintain players attention and focus. Every game needs a sense of achievement and platforming after a while turns mondane. But I understand where you are coming from.

Comment

You are solo on this project? It looks great

Comment

Originally posted by AM Deluxe View Post
                  You are solo on this project? It looks great
                  At the moment we are two brothers working full time. It might change in the future. And glad you like it.

Comment

Although I have already made a similar post in the screenshot thread, I figured this ought to be in the project’s thread.
                    Here are some assets we’ve created for NDA. We will be uploading these renders regularly to our artstation for future’s sake - https://www.artstation.com/newdarkage

Comment

Hello, we were experimenting with some facial animation using the FACS textures.

Last edited by BorlandFan; 06-01-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I am very intrigued about your gameplay design and mechanics. You two portray the cinematic style of camera direction with simple gameplay to help blend with the immersion factor. Very much feeling like how Uncharted designs their cinema feel with gameplay. Once you add in the "Game" feel with UI, possibly health/stamina/whatever functionality, fun aspect, etc. whatever you make, it's going to be a hit. As a developer myself, I have full faith in your teams capabilities and creativity to succeed.

Congratulations, very well made fellas. Keep up the amazing work. If you ever need a Game Designer let me know.

Comment

Working...
                        X