Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Hello all. I introduce to you Iron Chieftain: An RTS Citybuilder with a strong focus on population management, city building and diplomacy. It is set in a fictionalised ancient world with a variety of factions to choose from.

Planned (almost complete) features:
    - Automatic civilian collection of resources and building, in the vein of games such as Banished or Black and White.
    - A focus on Citybuilding and population management, where the strength of your workforce grows based on your ability to produce food and shelter.
    - Large military units recruited directly from the population.
    - Super-efficient pathfinding system utilising the game's road system, hopefully allowing for large numbers of citizens and soldiers across the map.
    - Fully dynamic lighting and weather.

Future goals:
    - Naval trade and battles
    - First person mode where actions have to be made at ground level
    - AI towns that grow dynamically as the game progresses, using the same rules as the player
    - Customisable military units various types of equipment to give to units on an individual level
    - AI military units
    - City walls and siege mechanics

I've been working on this from scratch for 6 weeks, although the landscape shader is something I worked on much earlier. I hope to have something playable by the end of the year.
    Suggestions and feedback is appreciated.
    Road system with buildings Building placement tool and fields
Working...
X