X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thread locked.

All users please use this thread for now: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...roment-project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for your work and support indeed, Nilson!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, I have an announcement in regards to this project. Some people are not aware or didn't have the patience to read all the threads at the UE4 forums about the project and its origins. The thing is that this project, which is awesome, is pretty old. It was released around UE4 1st release by the community user and forum moderator DotCam. Unfortunately, DotCam had to step out because severe health issues and during a long time the UE4 community took the project onto their shoulders and tried at their time availability to make the necessary fixes for each UE4 releases as they have emerged, which with some time later started to become rare again, and for the love of the project I tried by best to help with changes into source and mainly YouTube tutorials trying to explain the asset and some additions the community have made over time. DotCam emerged some time later and he, myself and EvoPulseGaming tried to come with a plan to make the project move ahead again, we got access to the repository as admins, but ultimately DotCam was still the owner, and he went away again, now for more than a year.

Now EvoPulseGaming come with some news to me, that he got ownership for this project which he is merging along with other stuff he is making to make this project alive and active again. While I will still be available to clarify any doubts about this project and maybe a tutorial here and there, now everyone should keep looking at this new thread and also join the original project discord server (which Evo also got ownership) and check out news about the project there. So, there you go: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...roment-project

This is great news folks!
    Last edited by NilsonLima; 11-16-2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by kourth View Post
    Hello Nilson,
    I have used the ocean project in my environment project. And I just want to say thank you for your great work.
    Here's the link to my ArtStation in case anyone is curious: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4bO2xn
    Thanks for your words! Great work from you too !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Nilson,
    I have used the ocean project in my environment project. And I just want to say thank you for your great work.
    Here's the link to my ArtStation in case anyone is curious: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4bO2xn

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

For the buoyancy work properly the static mesh must have Simulate Physics checked and the field MassInKg must be filled with the proper object weight in Kilos. Check the ManOfWar and FishBoat examples.
    Didn't help (
    Ok I will try to do that from scratch once again
    But thanks anyway

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RocketBan View Post

Thanks a lot) It works. But my boat is shaking now on water surface. I tried to make box collision, apply buoyancy force to it and attach static mesh to this collision (like in ManOfWar). But now it is not floating at all(
    For the buoyancy work properly the static mesh must have Simulate Physics checked and the field MassInKg must be filled with the proper object weight in Kilos. Check the ManOfWar and FishBoat examples.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    RocketBan About your questions:

- for the test points: if you created the blueprint yourself, when you make vector variables there is an option called Show 3D Widget which appears as soon you have chosen the Vector as type. You need that option checked.
    - for the fishing boat: I think I have commented in a video I made about foam wakes how it is done. If you open the boat blueprints, you will see that several objects are part of the blueprint which have several usages, like where is the point where the torque force is applied, where the test points are anchored, where the foam wakes are spawn, etc. About your question, without looking at the blueprint atm, I can assure the test points are attached to a box which is part of the mesh hierarchy, so if the buoyancy force is applied to the box it will lift the boat mesh aswel. This is particularly useful if the mesh doesn't have a obvious shape on where to put the buoyancy points, so putting them into a box also helps with prototyping when you don't have the final meshes done already.
    Thanks a lot) It works. But my boat is shaking now on water surface. I tried to make box collision, apply buoyancy force to it and attach static mesh to this collision (like in ManOfWar). But now it is not floating at all(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RocketBan About your questions:

- for the test points: if you created the blueprint yourself, when you make vector variables there is an option called Show 3D Widget which appears as soon you have chosen the Vector as type. You need that option checked.
    - for the fishing boat: I think I have commented in a video I made about foam wakes how it is done. If you open the boat blueprints, you will see that several objects are part of the blueprint which have several usages, like where is the point where the torque force is applied, where the test points are anchored, where the foam wakes are spawn, etc. About your question, without looking at the blueprint atm, I can assure the test points are attached to a box which is part of the mesh hierarchy, so if the buoyancy force is applied to the box it will lift the boat mesh aswel. This is particularly useful if the mesh doesn't have a obvious shape on where to put the buoyancy points, so putting them into a box also helps with prototyping when you don't have the final meshes done already.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! I tried to make my own boat based on fishing boat from island map. There are couple of questions.. I created some test points but they didn't appear in viewport so I can't configure them correctly (screenshot). And another question, why fishing boat has no test points at all and so how can it float without them? Thanks)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	testpointarray.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1680683

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another user put up a issue on github for it, and linked to your youtube video where it froze on you. I'm submitting a fix for it in the repo as we speak

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi EvoPulseGaming ,

I don't remember this particular part of code, but I am going to check it out and make the fixes you suggested, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (Hey NilsonLima, I saw this happen to you on one of your tutorial videos)

For those of you having issues compiling the man-o-war blueprint:

When you open a level in the editor, it creates a game world for the spawned actors that you see in the view port. If you modify one of those actor's blueprint significantly, it DESTROYS the actor, and recreates it. This normally would not be an issue except for the thumbnail system:

void FClassActorThumbnailScene::ClearStaleActors()

This loops through the CURRENT actors and destroys them.

HOWEVER when you destroy the man-o-war, "Event Destroyed" fires in blueprints....
    And inside of that we:
    SPAWN ANOTHER man-o-war

adding it to the list that ClearStaleActors() is referencing. This causes an infinite loop of new actors being created then destroyed ect ect.

Simply remove the spawn node from the "Event Destroyed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This needs to actually be moved to gamemode or player controller)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FlashFreak I have made a video for some people letting they know where the necessary changes in the code would be necessary, but I am not sure if anyone tried that yet. Since I am building another Ocean system I am having my own issues there and I don't have the time necessary to invest in this project at least for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone,

I apologize if this has been addressed (many) times before.

I had a question regarding world composition. I'm working on a project that level streams in an island built in World Creator in a tiled, 3x3 grid pattern.

Last time I worked with OceanProject, it would only edge detect a single heightmap (if I'm not mistaken).

Can it, or are their plans to, have it react to multiple landscapes?

TIA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X