Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a working fix for true sky and translucency issues ?

Comment

Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
      Is there a working fix for true sky and translucency issues ?
      Please check here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...55#post1452255

There is a change you need to do in the ocean material when using True_Sky in order to fix this which involves the use of a special node which is available when True_Sky is installed.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Thank You very much , master !

Comment

What to do now when Sky becomes dark when I place Ocean Blueprint into level [UE 4.20.3 ] ? And Clouds are only visible when I am looking in specified angle
          EDIT: This is true Sky Issue ....probably it has problem with tesselation...big problem , not only with Ocean plugin , but also with other actors,materials,blueprints,etc that are using tesselation
          Last edited by Masakralny; 11-18-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

What to do now when Sky becomes dark when I place Ocean Blueprint into level [UE 4.20.3 ] ? And Clouds are only visible when I am looking in specified angle
            EDIT: This is true Sky Issue ....probably it has problem with tesselation...big problem , not only with Ocean plugin , but also with other actors,materials,blueprints,etc that are using tesselation
            Yeah I really don't know the issue you are facing since I don't own True Sky plugin and won't, but they also have a company forum besides their thread here in the UE4 forums.
            Nilson Lima

Comment

NilsonLima thank you so much for keeping this alive and your continued support for all of us. As a fellow programmer, in my 20+ years, while I've learned a lot from paid services I feel I've learned more from free, community-driven resources. I know how hard it is to maintain something on your own even while accepting community contributions. I thank you for your work!

I've tried on 2 projects to try to get this to work on UE 4.20.3 with no success. I'm going to try to watch your videos again and try again. =)

Comment

I was about to freak out when I tried to get the best ocean in all of UE4 moved over to 4.20 and it broke. I should have checked here first for the fix. But, in any case, this SHOULD be in a game that is deployed because it really is awesome and all the people that work on this thing are too!

Comment

NilsonLima Today I started from scratch. I realized there was a recent merge request (11 days ago), but I was still using an older 4.19 version. I followed your videos at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DFqSmCqo5bo5qm and I can say that I successfully got this project to work on my own project on Unreal Engine 4.20.3.

As I said before, thank you and everyone involved for working on such a great project! I hope to one day be able to contribute.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

has anyone repaired issueas and got working fix for Ocean Plugin with true sky on 4.19.2 or 4.21.0 ?

Comment

has anyone repaired issueas and got working fix for Ocean Plugin with true sky on 4.19.2 or 4.21.0 ?
                      I didn't try myself TrueSky with this Ocean, therefore I can't tell much more than what I already have. What I do know is that they are about to release their own ocean to be able to have TrueSky working with oceans out-of-the-box, since the way they handle the cloud rendering messes up with translucent materials, meaning you need to worry not only for an ocean, but also other translucent materials like glass, ponds, etc
                      Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

I didn't try myself TrueSky with this Ocean, therefore I can't tell much more than what I already have. What I do know is that they are about to release their own ocean to be able to have TrueSky working with oceans out-of-the-box, since the way they handle the cloud rendering messes up with translucent materials, meaning you need to worry not only for an ocean, but also other translucent materials like glass, ponds, etc
                        Thank You for that what You done for me ....answered my questions ,prompted and cleared some things for me ,that helped me to understand source of issues ,but TrueSky is divided into "two binaries" [Core plugin and Unreal plugin] and if I fix something in enterable plugin source [unreal part] then In unenterable plugin binaries there are still issues...AND IDK WHY THEY CANNOT FIX THEM LOL..... i don't want from You to buying something or checking or anythin . i wanted some help from people who struggled with this "10 yeah super polished sky" - what is unfair defined and not true at the end ...I cannot left Your Ocean Plugin , that's why I am struggling with TrueSky ,which I like for clouds ,but i think i should search for something else

Comment

Thank You for that what You done for me ....answered my questions ,prompted and cleared some things for me ,that helped me to understand source of issues ,but TrueSky is divided into "two binaries" [Core plugin and Unreal plugin] and if I fix something in enterable plugin source [unreal part] then In unenterable plugin binaries there are still issues...AND IDK WHY THEY CANNOT FIX THEM LOL..... i don't want from You to buying something or checking or anythin . i wanted some help from people who struggled with this "10 yeah super polished sky" - what is unfair defined and not true at the end ...I cannot left Your Ocean Plugin , that's why I am struggling with TrueSky ,which I like for clouds ,but i think i should search for something else
                          I think most AAA titles have purchased their source code and therefore they have a custom experience with that, so in the end the one provided for devs are presenting issues that great studios are aware and have fixed... can't tell much about this. I am developing a Sky plugin to be sold here in the UE marketplace( that will cover this part and I will make it compatible with all the oceans available for UE) which I have most of the experience on several techniques when I developed Cloudscape Seasons and I will do a better job not using the same technique and it will have great details and performance! I can't give yet an estimate on release, but it will be 2019 for sure, also I will release a new Ocean plugin which is also far superior to this one, the last one hopefully will have a free version.
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

I'm wait 4.21 version)

Comment

Hey guys!
                                Any news for 4.21 version?

Comment

Working...