This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seb-le-dingue View Post
    I thank you very much it's perfect. It's really not easy for a beginner, but essential for not having a bug. Thanks again.
    Make sure to register into Discord server in the link at my signature to get in touch with others using the asset aswel, and below the video as promissed, with hope it will solve your doubts:

Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Thank you very much for the video. Unfortunately this did not correct the problem. So I think that's the mistake I had when compiling with visual studio 2017.

I will reinstall the plug in and migrate to 4.20. I hope everything will work well. Thanks for your help.

Comment

It works, everything works. I migrated ocean shader in 4.20, my project too. Re migrated your plug in in my project 4.20 and everything works perfectly. Finally perfectly ... except my map. I used the world compositing. But in 4.20 my project crash when I load my maps or when I click on play ......

I do not know yet if I stay in 4.20 and do it again. Or stay in 4.19 ....

Anyway, thank you very much for the help provided and your superb plug in.

EDIT ; I had to install the sdk windows 10 for visual studio 2017 to work properly. No errors when compiling the project with your plug in. If it can help someone.
        Last edited by seb-le-dingue; 09-09-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Due to some people not recognizing the effort done for "free" making videos for the Community FREE Ocean, downrating all the videos while some were made to attend specific requests from users, I will stop producing them and also leaving the support for it´╗┐.
          Last edited by NilsonLima; 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

Should have kept them unlisted in a playlist. Pretty sure ones, who randomly ended up there surfing tube, downvoted the vids.

Comment

I had to turn off the rating for all the videos, which got downrated for every subject I have published, I assume someone thinks can do better, but don't have the balls to do it, so my rant is because I DO some things for a living and I can't have people who have something against the project to interfere with my work. If people can't understand how time consuming is to record a section, check for mistakes, do the video montage, generate the best video format and upload to Youtube, so I don't want to ever publish anything again supporting a free project where I don't receive a nickel, and instead I will do it for my own work.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

Geez, this is why we can't have nice things...
                I think you made the right choice. Focus on your project first, you can provide support (for your own project) once you start selling it Also, I would like to get my hands on it as soon as possible

Comment

How does the lighting works in this map ? When i hit build i get a couple of errors and i cant seem to bake any lighting at all - is this intentional ? Im quite new so i might be missing something here completely :P

Comment

Hey guys, great stuff you are working on here. Thank you very much for sharing it with the community

Comment

Thanks Nilson for your excellent work!

I appreciated your video and efforts greatly, and I am not alone.

Comment

Hello, I have been searching the internet for an ocean plugin for a project I am working with UE4 and found this plugin. I am still learning UE4 and am a beginner in all the sense. My question is how do you install it? I downloaded the package and see that there is some source code, and I assume you need to compile this version to get it to work. My project was started with blueprints enabled and is not C++ enabled. Please let me know how I would go about installing this plugin. Thank you.

Comment

Thou I don't recommend for starters dealing with C++ plugins unless they are absolutely comfortable with the engine usage, the use for this plugin does not differ from any other plugin in the marketplace, with the difference that you need to install it yourself instead of having it automated by the launcher. Having started with blueprint doesn't mean you can't add later C++ code, the opposite is true aswel. I have posted a video on how to migrate the asset to a new project which has the overall steps to make it work even if you started with blueprint:

There are other videos which deal with different things, you might want to check at the same channel.
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

Hello to all. I wanted to congratulate the developers on the magnificent work they are doing. I'm trying to get Ocean Blueprint to share with TrueSky 4.20. I enter the ocean in an empty scene and you see, when I insert TrueSky the sky is not seen (black) but it is mirrored on the ocean, when I make the ocean invisible you can see TrueSky. I tried to insert the TrueSky Transparency Modifier node on the M_Ocean_Ultra material but the sky remains black.

Comment

Originally posted by CarloAlt View Post
                              Hello to all. I wanted to congratulate the developers on the magnificent work they are doing. I'm trying to get Ocean Blueprint to share with TrueSky 4.20. I enter the ocean in an empty scene and you see, when I insert TrueSky the sky is not seen (black) but it is mirrored on the ocean, when I make the ocean invisible you can see TrueSky. I tried to insert the TrueSky Transparency Modifier node on the M_Ocean_Ultra material but the sky remains black.
                              It is not an issue with the ocean, but it is related to how the TrueSky rendering works. That node is supposed to fix reflection issues in transparent materials (it does fix as your picture tells), but I don't know why the sky is disappearing. The best way I think is for you to ask in their forums if anyone had such issue and how did they fix it. They have a thread in UE forums which you can ask there aswel.
                              Nilson Lima

Comment

Hello i want to make a underwaterstation but how i can override inside the station the pp material ?

Comment

Working...
                                X