Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community Project] FREE Ocean Water Shader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by RocketBan View Post
    Hi! I have got a problem while trying to put this ocean in project, that was made in ue4 built from source. When I open my project in VS, there are a lot of UE4 files. And on step when Rebuilding solution (19:37 on your video) it starts to rebuild all ue4 including this project! It will take about 10-12 hours on my machine... What should I do?...Thanks.
    When you compile, instead of Rebuild All option from the Menu, you can choose Build instead, "OR" right click on the your project at the solution tree viewer and select build for your specific project. This will only compile your project and not everything including engine source.
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

    UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

      When you compile, instead of Rebuild All option from the Menu, you can choose Build instead, "OR" right click on the your project at the solution tree viewer and select build for your specific project. This will only compile your project and not everything including engine source.
      Thanks for your reply! I will try it )

      Comment


        Originally posted by RocketBan View Post
        Thanks for your reply! I will try it )
        When you hit Rebuild All, it cleans all binaries previously generated, so you will still have a full compilation until you can use the build only option I described.
        Nilson Lima
        Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
        Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

        UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
        supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

        Comment


          Just to clarify: I don't have any rights on this asset. I just support it, given for free information, making videos explaining concepts used at it. If you want to attribute inside your project anything about this work, you can mention the GitHub page and DotCam as the creator.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

          UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

          Comment


            Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

            When you hit Rebuild All, it cleans all binaries previously generated, so you will still have a full compilation until you can use the build only option I described.
            Okey, thanks. I did it. But just for test, I created blank project and migrated ocean into it. I did it step by step by your guide, but I can't package game... It says that there are unknown errors. Logs are empty... Engine is from github, 4.22 branch. Ocean project branch is MASTER_FINAL_4.22... What could be my mistake? Thanks.

            Comment


              Originally posted by RocketBan View Post

              Okey, thanks. I did it. But just for test, I created blank project and migrated ocean into it. I did it step by step by your guide, but I can't package game... It says that there are unknown errors. Logs are empty... Engine is from github, 4.22 branch. Ocean project branch is MASTER_FINAL_4.22... What could be my mistake? Thanks.
              I am not responsible for that branch "MASTER_FINAL_4.22" but responsible for the "OceanProjectNilsonLima", which I know compile and package without errors. There are other people which contribute to the project, but I can't be aware of everyone's branches besides mine own. My branch is intended to compile always to the latest engine and while using it, it is necessary to check the commit page for the commits and their history, then you can select that commit and download the set of files belonging to it.
              Nilson Lima
              Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
              Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

              UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
              supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

              Comment


                Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                I am not responsible for that branch "MASTER_FINAL_4.22" but responsible for the "OceanProjectNilsonLima", which I know compile and package without errors. There are other people which contribute to the project, but I can't be aware of everyone's branches besides mine own. My branch is intended to compile always to the latest engine and while using it, it is necessary to check the commit page for the commits and their history, then you can select that commit and download the set of files belonging to it.
                Okey, thanks. So "OceanProjectNilsonLima" works in ue4.22?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by RocketBan View Post

                  Okey, thanks. So "OceanProjectNilsonLima" works in ue4.22?
                  yes, again if you check the commit page while in this branch you will see a commit to the project with description saying it. Also, as mentioned, it will always have the project working with the latest UE4 release which is 4.22. As soon, 4.23 releases, we will update the project aswel, might take a week or two thou.
                  Nilson Lima
                  Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                  Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                  UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                  supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

                    yes, again if you check the commit page while in this branch you will see a commit to the project with description saying it. Also, as mentioned, it will always have the project working with the latest UE4 release which is 4.22. As soon, 4.23 releases, we will update the project aswel, might take a week or two thou.
                    Thanks a lot) Sorry for so many questions, I am new to source code things and etc..

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by RocketBan View Post

                      Thanks a lot) Sorry for so many questions, I am new to source code things and etc..
                      I recommend to you to research how source control/version control works and how GitHub works in relation to this. It will greatly help to understand when people mention things in the forums, because even the engine relies on this for effective development cycles and for previews sometimes it is important to build the engine from source and update specific modules only when these are under heavy development.
                      Nilson Lima
                      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                      UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                      Comment


                        Hi NilsonLima,I'm really really really adore this project,I find lot of oncean sim from UE4,I know this one is only the best one,it's great one.Thank you all guys.
                        And I can't wait to enjoy FFT suface in this project,so when we can finish this part,maybe next update´╝č
                        thank you so much.

                        Comment


                          Hi NilsonLima, fantastic project! I've been using it for a while now, and i ran into this issue and perhaps you may know the solution. When I tried to add TrueSky plugin, the clouds are being rendered over by the ocean, so the clouds are behind the ocean, is there a way to change this order?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SashaHush View Post
                            Hi NilsonLima, fantastic project! I've been using it for a while now, and i ran into this issue and perhaps you may know the solution. When I tried to add TrueSky plugin, the clouds are being rendered over by the ocean, so the clouds are behind the ocean, is there a way to change this order?
                            You need to look at TrueSky documentation for translucency and there you will see they provide specific nodes you need to add to the ocean material for the clouds to render correctly. If I am not mistaken I have made a post about this years ago, if not in this thread then in the older one mentioned in this thread's first post.
                            Nilson Lima
                            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
                            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

                            UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
                            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

                            Comment


                              Hi, i am currently working on a project with the ocean plugin, but when i build the lights i have some strange shadows.
                              i tried to mess with the shadow parameters, the uv lightmap but nothing works...

                              Does anyone have an idea?
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Hey guys I haven't used this since 4.17 I converted my project over to 4.23 ripped out the old version of the plugin and all the content tied to it and want to pick the right branch that is getting the most support at this point. I was hoping to find a C++ compiled version with a better FPS and an option to remove the TOD which I have no need for. I had removed the TOD manually in the BP version so I am hoping to redo this work. Any suggestion on which branch I should grab?
                                Victor "Vexar" Mercieca
                                Twitch Channel
                                Artstation
                                Youtube Channel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X