Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the double post but it took a while to my computer to do some stuff cleaning everything for this ZIP, so I thought posting again would be better. Thanks for your help, the map is in the Maps folder, here is the link
    Last edited by Nazruden; 07-04-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazruden View Post
      Sorry for the double post but it took a while to my computer to do some stuff cleaning everything for this ZIP, so I thought posting again would be better. Thanks for your help, the map is in the Maps folder, here is the link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pM_...ew?usp=sharing
      It is saying the file does not exist. I think the link got messed up. You can paste the link as a private msg at the Discord (link in my signature)
      Last edited by NilsonLima; 07-04-2019, 05:37 PM.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It is saying the file does not exist. I think the link got messed up. You can paste the link as a private msg at the Discord (link in my signature)
        Sorry I'm answering late. Yeah the link is not working I don't know why. I uploaded a new Zip on the following link : https://we.tl/t-JmTxoW5jy9
        Level and heightmap available in the Maps folder. You've got a player start to see a sample zone where we clearly see it's not working

Comment

While checking an issue for a community member on why it was not possible to make the landscape modulation to work with his project, I have found out that the Ocean Ultra is the only one with the required nodes to make it work, meaning all the Ocean SSR options are not affected by the landscape modulation. It might take a while to provide the changes for the materials, but if anyone have ever realized this, this is why it does not work.
          Nilson Lima

Comment

shrst I made a video explaining how the BP_ManOfWar works, since it also has Sails with NvCloth and I could sort of reproduce what is going on. The video should be up in few minutes.

thanks a lot i had it working

now i need to add a wake to the boat can u help me with it as to how i can, thanks a ton

Comment

Originally posted by shrst View Post

thanks a lot i had it working

now i need to add a wake to the boat can u help me with it as to how i can, thanks a ton
              There was a video I made explaining how the foam wakes works. Basically there are elements you need to add the blueprint (arrows in the project) which will be a helping guide on where the placement and spawning of the wakes will occur, takes time to adjust the perfect spot for the boat mesh, but it is not difficult. Watching the video and checking all the elements inside the blueprint while following the execution path will be enough for anyone wanting to implement that.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

I just saw that you, Nilson, posted a video about sails and boat dynamics. And now I wanted to ask if you or anybody else in here knows a way how to make the sails actually work. Like the wind coming from a certain angle and when you adjust the sails to the correct angle you build up speed depending on how strong the wind is. I've tried to come up with something, but as I'm not really experienced and just figuring everything out in the ocean project, I'd appreciate it if anyone knows a way to archieve that. I've already come up with a concept, but I'm not sure how to implement it. So I'd make the sail a children of the boat, then make it rotatable when possessing the ship. And then I need to see where the wind is coming from and from what angle it hits the sail and then plug that into a component that controls the force of the boat depending on how big the angle is.
                Would that be a way to implement such a system? Does anyone know? I do really appreciate the work everybody has done to the ocean project, and Nilson: I really appreciate your tutorials. They helped me a lot to understand how certain things are set up. But the movement of the ships is something I'd really like to change to a more realistic movement.

Comment

One of our community users got some issues sorting the underwater with his particle systems and I made this video to give some hints:

Nilson Lima

Comment

Hello everyone! I have got a question... Why I cant delete content from OceanProject that I dont need?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	dUKbkpJwifw.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	1647580

Also I cant build a game. Errors are like:

PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/Sky/Materials/M_Clouds, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogCookCommandlet: Display: SoundWave 0.00 0.00 0 2.65
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display:
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] COMPILER ERROR: failed building connection with 'Array of Object References is not compatible with Array of Actor Object References.' at Get (a copy) generated from expanding For Each Loop from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:Pers
                    istentLevel.StressTest
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/Sky/Materials/M_Sky_New, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] In use pin <Unnamed> no longer exists on node Fire! . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.StressTest
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] In use pin Target no longer exists on node Fire! . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.StressTest
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] Could not find a function named "Fire!" in 'StressTest'.
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/ShipsAndExamples/Assets/Effects/Particles/Water/P_WaterSplashLoop.P_WaterSplashLoop, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Make sure 'StressTest' has been compiled for Fire! from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.StressTest
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] Can't connect pins Out Actors and Target Array generated from expanding For Each Loop : Array of Actor Object References is not compatible with Array of Object References. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.Str
                    essTest
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] Invalid pin connection from ' Out Actors ' to ' Target Array generated from expanding For Each Loop '. You may have changed the type after the connections were made. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.StressTest
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/Sky/BP_Sky.BP_Sky_C:ParticleSystemComponent_6, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] Can't connect pins Target Array generated from expanding For Each Loop and Out Actors : Array of Object References is not compatible with Array of Actor Object References. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.Str
                    essTest
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler PersistentLevel.StressTest] This blueprint (self) is not compatible with ' Target ', therefore that pin must have a connection. from Source: /Game/Maps/StressTest.StressTest:PersistentLevel.StressTest
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/Sky/BP_Sky.BP_Sky_C:ParticleSystemComponent_9, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] COMPILER ERROR: failed building connection with 'Object Reference is not compatible with Object Reference.' at Get (a copy) generated from expanding For Each Loop from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] In use pin <Unnamed> no longer exists on node Fire! . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] In use pin Target no longer exists on node Fire! . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_ConstraintTest.BP_ConstraintTest_C:PhysicsConstraint_GEN_VARIABLE, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] Could not find a function named "Fire!" in 'BP_Boat'.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Make sure 'BP_Boat' has been compiled for Fire! from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] In use pin Cannons Array no longer exists on node Get . Please refresh node or break links to remove pin. from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogBlueprint: Error: [Compiler BP_Boat] This blueprint (self) is not compatible with ' Target ', therefore that pin must have a connection. from Source: /Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat
                    PackagingResults: Warning: /Game/Maps/dcSkyTestMap imported Serialize:/Game/ShipsAndExamples/BP_Boat.BP_Boat_C:SceneComponent_1, but it was never saved as an export.
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Millisecond is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Second is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Minute is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Hour is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate:ay is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Month is not initialized properly
                    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: FTimeDate::Year is not initialized properly

And etc, like 'cant find asset', but I didnt delete it.
                    Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBan View Post
                      Hello everyone! I have got a question... Why I cant delete content from OceanProject that I dont need?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	dUKbkpJwifw.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	1647580

And etc, like 'cant find asset', but I didnt delete it.
                      Thanks..
                      If you follow this video, you will have only the essential for the Ocean System. Also, I am only supporting the branch: OceanProjectNilsonLima, other branches I am not following up on their changes, but at least my branch is currently compiling fine with UE4.22.

Nilson Lima

Comment

If you follow this video, you will have only the essential for the Ocean System. Also, I am only supporting the branch: OceanProjectNilsonLima, other branches I am not following up on their changes, but at least my branch is currently compiling fine with UE4.22.

Thanks for your reply! But I installed ocean by this tutorial... May be I have to reinstall it..

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBan View Post

Thanks for your reply! But I installed ocean by this tutorial... May be I have to reinstall it..
                          The project is a C++ project and some systems are in C++ (ie: Buoyancy and Landscape Modulation), so it is not just blueprints and materials and some blueprints mention components in the C++ code. Completing the steps in the video above with any release, you will have 1st, the project working, and 2nd, a way to transfer what matters to another empty project, so no boats, pier, fish, maps etc

It is important to understand how the sample map works and its elements to get more knowledge about each piece.
                          Nilson Lima

Comment

It is important to understand how the sample map works and its elements to get more knowledge about each piece.
                            I will try. Thanks

Comment

Thanks to all the people who are working hard on this great project, today i will try to combine it with Truesky, it’s expected!

Comment

Hi! I have got a problem while trying to put this ocean in project, that was made in ue4 built from source. When I open my project in VS, there are a lot of UE4 files. And on step when Rebuilding solution (19:37 on your video) it starts to rebuild all ue4 including this project! It will take about 10-12 hours on my machine... What should I do?...Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X