Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had issues with the heightmap adaptation of the waves ? Because currently, when exporting the heightmap of my level from Unreal and setting it as the texture parameter of the blueprint, with of course enabling the landscape modulation and setting the reference to my landscape, the ocean is not adapting anywhere near the coast, it stays the same.
    If anyone can help me, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by Nazruden View Post
      Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had issues with the heightmap adaptation of the waves ? Because currently, when exporting the heightmap of my level from Unreal and setting it as the texture parameter of the blueprint, with of course enabling the landscape modulation and setting the reference to my landscape, the ocean is not adapting anywhere near the coast, it stays the same.
      If anyone can help me, it'd be really appreciated. Thanks for your time and have a nice day
      Sorry for the delay answering this, I don't know why I didn't receive the forum flag about this message.

For the texture with height info be accepted it must have the same settings as the sample provided in the Ocean Project: T_ExampleTerrainHeightmap which are:

- Compression settings: VectorDisplacementMap (RGBA8)
      - Mip Gen Settings: NoMipmaps
      - TextureGroup: Terrain_Heightmap
      - sRGB: checked
      - Filter: Tri-linear
      - Never Stream: checked

Let me know if these fixed the issue for you.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Elias11022 I got the copy at GitHub and packaged it successfully for UE4.22 without changing a single line elsewhere, is this the release you are having issues? I ask because there were packaging issues in the past with errors in blueprints which required updates and they were made only for the releases affected.

Leaving the files inside the project as following my migration video, should leave your project working properly.
        Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Sorry for the delay answering this, I don't know why I didn't receive the forum flag about this message.

For the texture with height info be accepted it must have the same settings as the sample provided in the Ocean Project: T_ExampleTerrainHeightmap which are:

- Compression settings: VectorDisplacementMap (RGBA8)
          - Mip Gen Settings: NoMipmaps
          - TextureGroup: Terrain_Heightmap
          - sRGB: checked
          - Filter: Tri-linear
          - Never Stream: checked

Let me know if these fixed the issue for you.
          Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, I already tied it before and tried it again after seeing your answer but the ocean didn't change. I was wondering if it was working for heightmaps obtained from the UE4 landscape tool which allows to export the landscape as an heightmap ?
          Any other idea ?

Comment

hi i have a 16 century ship with apex clothing applied to its ail, the buoyancy goes crazy what should i do , i added test point but it does make the object flyaway
            Last edited by shrst; 07-03-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me, I already tied it before and tried it again after seeing your answer but the ocean didn't change. I was wondering if it was working for heightmaps obtained from the UE4 landscape tool which allows to export the landscape as an heightmap ?
              Any other idea ?
              It will work, but you need those settings fixed after the texture is imported.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

shrst The boat needs some weight set in order to the wave hits to not sent it to outer space! How much Kg did you set at the boat? Check the other boats to see that they got almost a 1000 Kg of weight for the small ones I think.
                Nilson Lima

Comment

shrst The boat needs some weight set in order to the wave hits to not sent it to outer space! How much Kg did you set at the boat? Check the other boats to see that they got almost a 1000 Kg of weight for the small ones I think.
                  oh thanks a ton i will check and let know,hope it should work

Comment

NilsonLima see this is happening when i do not attach the sails it works perfect,but when i attach the sails it fly's away, the sails are with apex clothing and a simple grass wind material. Can you please help me how to have my sails along

Comment

It will work, but you need those settings fixed after the texture is imported.
                      I told you I just tried it again when i read your answer but it doesn't work :-/ Here are samples at the moment i'm answering you, the heightmap of my landscape and results seen at some locations in the level where we clearly see that nothing changes with or without the heightmap and landscape ref :Click image for larger version  Name:	image_167948.png Views:	1 Size:	145.3 KB ID:	1638301Click image for larger version  Name:	image_167949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	150.4 KB ID:	1638302Click image for larger version  Name:	image_167950.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.9 KB ID:	1638303Click image for larger version  Name:	ShoreWithoutLandscapeAndHeightmap.jpg Views:	1 Size:	142.9 KB ID:	1638304
                      I don't know what's going wrong..
                      Last edited by Nazruden; 07-04-2019, 04:29 AM.

Comment

shrst I made a video explaining how the BP_ManOfWar works, since it also has Sails with NvCloth and I could sort of reproduce what is going on. The video should be up in few minutes.

Nilson Lima

Comment

Nazruden I think some parameters are not properly setup, it should work OK. I made a quick video showing it working and which also show your issue when the values are not set correctly:

Nilson Lima

Comment

Nazruden I think some parameters are not properly setup, it should work OK. I made a quick video showing it working and which also show your issue when the values are not set correctly:
                            This is not my issue. Whatever I am changing on the parameters for the landscape modulation, the start height, the max height, the power, nothing ever changes. And I tried plenty options on those parameters... I can make a video if you want but really I don't understand what's happening. I looked at the code to understand how it works and it should work..

Comment

This is not my issue. Whatever I am changing on the parameters for the landscape modulation, the start height, the max height, the power, nothing ever changes. And I tried plenty options on those parameters... I can make a video if you want but really I don't understand what's happening. I looked at the code to understand how it works and it should work..
                              Can you make a copy of your project, strip everything out except the ocean settings/components and the landscape, and make it available with Googledrive or Onedrive for me to download and look at it?
                              Nilson Lima

Comment

Can you make a copy of your project, strip everything out except the ocean settings/components and the landscape, and make it available with Googledrive or Onedrive for me to download and look at it?
                                Sure, on the way, I'll edit the post in a few seconds with the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X