Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be fine if this content had been added to market for free? This way, this "ocean project" would have been more useful since -by this way- it could have been more reachable via marketplace? Just sayin btw good work folks, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtthekid View Post
      Wouldn't it be fine if this content had been added to market for free? This way, this "ocean project" would have been more useful since -by this way- it could have been more reachable via marketplace? Just sayin btw good work folks, congrats.
      The main issue with putting it on the marketplace is that it is a Community effort, so, many authors, and the marketplace does not support multiple authors for the assets, free or not. The original creator is MIA for some long time, and we try our best to keep it alive.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

I would like to pitch something in here. First, I don't use this Mod. I might in the future, but, at this time I don't. That being said, I would like to thank NilsonLima and the other creators for making this and expanding it, helping others get it set up in there dream. I simply enjoy watching the progress this product has made, and how the community reach's out to one another to help in this.

That Lithuania ship demo was amazing. Made with this I believe.

TY guys/gals. I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you again.
        CB
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Tarly My pleasure.

The documentary for the Lusitania Sinking was made with this ocean and there is a Naval Battle game at Steam made with it aswel. Follow the links:

The documentary:

The game at Steam:
          https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...n_Naval_Front/

Big hugs all!!
          Nilson Lima

Comment

Im curious if any progress was ever made on a self generating foam/wake from the BP-Wake blueprint? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcastgamer View Post
              Im curious if any progress was ever made on a self generating foam/wake from the BP-Wake blueprint? Just curious
              It is functional. I have even made a video showing everyone how I fixed it just for fun.
              Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

It is functional. I have even made a video showing everyone how I fixed it just for fun.
                Oh i mean were it is not attached to anything, that i can but the blueprint in a level and have it always making a wake. My plan for some testing is to then attach it to a movable mesh (like the Lusitania) to display a wake behind it.

Also with the included sky system in this project, is there a way to have shadows firm and be able to be seen for long distances/

Iv been playing with the dynamic shadow distance values, and while i increase the number does allow shadows to bee seen far away, smaller shadows on the object disappear as i raise the value.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcastgamer View Post

Oh i mean were it is not attached to anything, that i can but the blueprint in a level and have it always making a wake. My plan for some testing is to then attach it to a movable mesh (like the Lusitania) to display a wake behind it.

Also with the included sky system in this project, is there a way to have shadows firm and be able to be seen for long distances/

Iv been playing with the dynamic shadow distance values, and while i increase the number does allow shadows to bee seen far away, smaller shadows on the object disappear as i raise the value.
                  Did you really watch that video I mentioned? Because the boat just spawns a blueprint behind it which applies a plane which mixes with the ocean and the material applied to that plane draws a foam which changes the radius according to the distance from the boat. Watching the video and studying the blueprints and materials will surely give what you need.

The sky system there is a user contribution to the project. It is far from perfect and I am not sure it contributes to any shadows since shadows are produced by the directional light which represents the Sun. I didn't watch it yet, but the new learning portal have some nice classes about illumination (there are the ones for vizualization purposes aswel).
                  Nilson Lima

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

Did you really watch that video I mentioned? Because the boat just spawns a blueprint behind it which applies a plane which mixes with the ocean and the material applied to that plane draws a foam which changes the radius according to the distance from the boat. Watching the video and studying the blueprints and materials will surely give what you need.

The sky system there is a user contribution to the project. It is far from perfect and I am not sure it contributes to any shadows since shadows are produced by the directional light which represents the Sun. I didn't watch it yet, but the new learning portal have some nice classes about illumination (there are the ones for vizualization purposes aswel).
                    Thanks for the response on the shadows.

Yeah, iv watched the video dozens of times. I was able to get it working in the bp_boat fine, but i was never able to replicate it working on something non bp_boat. For example, if i just wanted to attach it to a cube that i will then place under my main moving mesh.

I think the problem i had was trying to get it to start without the player taking control of it. I have tried replicating the bp but was never able to get it working.

Anyways thanks for the help! Il try some other method to see if i can get a wake effect in and let you guys know if i get it working

Comment

Hello is there a better documentation for the installation and configuation for paking?
                      I follow the Install.md and get at paking a build for win64 this error:
                      ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'OceanPlugin'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in OceanPlugin.build.cs to override.

Comment

Elias11022 The project at GitHub is compiled with the main project as if it was a module instead of a plugin as it is and usually that will work when packaging. I am not certain why that error is happening, but I guess something in that Install.md is not accurate anymore. The correct way would making a batch per UE4 release (just in case something changes with the build tool) and compiling the plugin putting it into the UE4 installation structure as any other plugin acquired from the Marketplace and inside the project when enabling it will be enough.

I will probably make a video showing how to do it. I just need some time to prepare it because currently I am unable to use a computer since I got my arms immobilized because a issue with my spine. Give me at least 3 more days to get into this.
                        Nilson Lima

Comment

Wow, get well soon, NilsonLima !

Comment

@
                            NilsonLima Hey man.... even though I dont use the water project, I enjoy reading about it and watching. Sorry to hear your under the weather. Sending you best wishes. Get better... GAME ON!
                            Clifford Brock

Comment

Hmm.. Sorry about font.. not sure how I pooched that one.
                              Clifford Brock

Comment

@NilsonLima Thanks this project is a very cool stuff :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X