The Unexpected Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCreator1337 View Post
    This looks great! I love the art style, but especially the music! This definitely looks fun, but if I may ask: What hook does you game have i.e. what makes it stand out amongst other strategy games?
    That is the interesting question. In fact this is not a RTS, this is a time manager game without time pressing. Our main goal is gamers from Big Fish Games or similar websites. So this is a fully relaxed strategy without hard challenges. You just solve simple tasks and follow the story. Best deal after the hard day's work
    [GAME] The Unexpected Quest | [TOOL] Localization UE4

Comment

TheCreator1337, you know, with such type of logic, any game development should stop at the beginning of '90. Guys works on interesting and not annoying game, and all that we could do, is to wish them luck, as for me .

Comment

Originally posted by mdeni View Post

That is the interesting question. In fact this is not a RTS, this is a time manager game without time pressing. Our main goal is gamers from Big Fish Games or similar websites. So this is a fully relaxed strategy without hard challenges. You just solve simple tasks and follow the story. Best deal after the hard day's work
        Sounds fun! Looks like I got the game's genre wrong, oops!

Originally posted by back0rifize View Post
        TheCreator1337, you know, with such type of logic, any game development should stop at the beginning of '90. Guys works on interesting and not annoying game, and all that we could do, is to wish them luck, as for me .
        I'm sorry, I don't exactly get what you are saying, because English isn't my first language, could you explain please?
        Finished projects:

Speedrun: The Game

Comment

Originally posted by TheCreator1337 View Post
          I'm sorry, I don't exactly get what you are saying, because English isn't my first language, could you explain please?
          English is not my native too, but what I was trying to say is: it doesn't matter that some games was made before this game, and they looks alike. The more good games we shall have, the better to all of us .

Comment

Originally posted by back0rifize View Post

English is not my native too, but what I was trying to say is: it doesn't matter that some games was made before this game, and they looks alike. The more good games we shall have, the better to all of us .
            I agree and I think that every game is unique in some way or another, no matter if the game's creator tries to make it unique or not!
            Finished projects:

Speedrun: The Game

Comment

A new review on our game. But in French. I did not understand a word, but I hope Dan Field enjoyed our game!

Comment

A new walkthrough of our game in German.

Comment

The Unexpected Quest

A journey of hammer, magic, and might continues!

This simple strategy game with management elements, interesting quests, and hidden objects will entertain you for several days. Build things, participate in battles, use magic items, and brew potions. A whole world will open before your eyes... a world on the brink of disaster.

What's new:
                  • Two introductory levels have been added with training and the beginning of the story (takes about 30 minutes to complete).
                  • Fixed and changed some mechanics of the game related to objects and crafting.
                  • Updated the Unreal Engine and fixed bugs.
                  Download Now:

https://rionix.itch.io/the-unexpected-quest

Many thanks to everyone who has played our game and given us feedback about it! We have read everything carefully and will take your words into consideration when doing further development. We would be happy to continue hearing your opinions. What do you like, and what is annoying? What would you like to see in the final version? We look forward to your reviews here, on Facebook, or YouTube.
                  Last edited by rionix; 02-15-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Now you can find us on GameJolt too:
                    rionix.gamejolt.io/quest

Comment

GIF

A new version of The Unexpected Quest available on itch.io!

What's new:
                      • New version of Unreal Engine: 4.22.
                      • Most of cinematics with sound now.
                      • New improvements, bugs and crashes

Comment

Another cool review of our game by Tench Froast (starts art 7:30)!

Comment

Really amazing looking game! Excellent work!

Comment

Love the art style! Good stuff

Comment

Thanks for your kind words of support! We will do our best to make a good game!

Comment

Working process

Last edited by rionix; 07-26-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X