This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I'm working on a tool to help 3D artists demo their work using the power of Unreal 4.

Here is a link to a walk trough of the project at this early stage: https://youtu.be/sv2yvaKLRoE

I would like to invite any ArchViz or Environment artist who would be interested in collaborating on this project by creating the gallery setting to get in touch.

Any feedback is welcome,

Cheers,
    Dean

Comment

Pretty. As a Canadian I fully support this.
      Glen Callender | PR / Lab Wordsmith
      Agog Labs Inc.
      - Better coding through mad science
      SkookumScript - UE4 Text-based Scripting
      Unreal Dev Grant Recipient
      UE4 Forum: Skookum Plug-in

Comment

here is a new in-game simulation of a cavern scene, which is found by the player at the end of chapter 1
        as always recorde with shadowplay in 4k with ca. 16 fps fully unoptimized

any comments are welcome !!
        www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post
          here is a new in-game simulation of a cavern scene, which is found by the player at the end of chapter 1
          as always recorde with shadowplay in 4k with ca. 16 fps fully unoptimized

any comments are welcome !!
          Looking great. Great use of lighting & smoke.
          Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Great interior, the materials and lighting are awesome!

Comment

Great idea Dean!

Comment

Originally posted by starseeker View Post
                Its a technical & artistic achievement for sure! Those candles frames, & rain on windows! By the way, how do you animated the windows. Flipbook? Any tips? I hope to do similar with my adventure game as well.

I have one comment thought, why not make it first person normal navigation, if it is fully 3D? It is a throw back to 90s adventure games like Myst?
                @ starseeker:
                sorry but i must have overread your post last time i was here ..
                thx for the kind words ! appreciated very much !!

for the glass effect. i bought the advanced glass material pack on the marketplace. not sure how they did it, but i really liked the effect.
                for the first person navigation: i really loved the old classic point & click adventure like monkey island 1/2 etc. and i really couldnt think of making it full first person.
                you have to know that in the playable game there will be people/creatures etc. wandering through the scene. and the protagonist is walking in the scene, too controled by mouse clicks
                but once the character reaches a certain point the camera will make a small flight.

i wanted to combine the fixed shots of a certain place, with the fully modeled scene and the power of UE4
                www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Originally posted by frabill View Post
                  Great interior, the materials and lighting are awesome!
                  thx very much. you, too, frabill !!
                  www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

@ starseeker:
                    sorry but i must have overread your post last time i was here ..
                    thx for the kind words ! appreciated very much !!

for the glass effect. i bought the advanced glass material pack on the marketplace. not sure how they did it, but i really liked the effect.
                    for the first person navigation: i really loved the old classic point & click adventure like monkey island 1/2 etc. and i really couldnt think of making it full first person.
                    you have to know that in the playable game there will be people/creatures etc. wandering through the scene. and the protagonist is walking in the scene, too controled by mouse clicks
                    but once the character reaches a certain point the camera will make a small flight.

i wanted to combine the fixed shots of a certain place, with the fully modeled scene and the power of UE4
                    Thanks for the info.

You mentioned you record in shadowplay. How do you do this, From what I know Shadowplay only work with supported games. Only curious.
                    Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

there is nothing special about it.
                      i activate shadowplay via geforce experience.
                      then a open my project with ue4, start it fullscreen and press alt f9 (standard for recording if i remember right)
                      i play as long as i want and press alt f9 again. Now i have a movie in the location i had set before in the settings menu from shadowplay.
                      and dont forget to set quality as high as possible in settings menu
                      www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

there is nothing special about it.
                        i activate shadowplay via geforce experience.
                        then a open my project with ue4, start it fullscreen and press alt f9 (standard for recording if i remember right)
                        i play as long as i want and press alt f9 again. Now i have a movie in the location i had set before in the settings menu from shadowplay.
                        and dont forget to set quality as high as possible in settings menu
                        Thanks, I will try. No more fraps.

Comment

My latest work, let me know what you think.

Skywalker "this is not going to go the way that you think" PORTFOLIO

Comment

Plorphlings added. ^^
                            My small game on IndieDB ****** Beams on Twitter ****** Beams on Steam ****** VideoStuff ****** PictureStuff
                            UE brings Math back into my life or i am not sure.

Comment

New video is up. I taking a short break, & return after a much needed break.

Please feel free to commend.

Comment

Here's one of the props I worked on this week for my upcoming marketplace pack. Check out more screenshots here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP_37.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	1093714

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Working...
                                X