Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use Adobe Premiere for free for a month. And after that its around $20 per month if I remember right. Unless you need it all the time, you can just use it for a month for free, and then buy it for a month when you need it later, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestSmile View Post
      Working on one of the rooms for our game. A boy room
      Nice work. I suggest tilt some of the things a bit. Too much things looks prefect right angle & perfect (posters, shelf, table). Another point is everything looks too clean. Add some edge wear on the table maybe, make the oster a bit date. A simple bumo normal map can work well.

On a side note,m it seem your game will be very similar to mine, in terms of genre.
      Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Originally posted by Manatee View Post
        You can use Adobe Premiere for free for a month. And after that its around $20 per month if I remember right. Unless you need it all the time, you can just use it for a month for free, and then buy it for a month when you need it later, etc.
        I just download Filmora. Its pretty affordable at 49€ one time cost, & good for beginner like me. I hate those monthly subscription base software. I am using the free version with watermark & probably some restriction. If I am happy, I will just pay for the full price.

The one software I been to get is substance painter. Its surprisingly affordable & I think my productivity & quality will also improve greatly.

I will probably get it next week. I will stick to my target to work on the corridor/Staircase.
        Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

Still WIP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Render_30_zpsfhj0sjv9.png
Views:	1
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	1093132

Name:	Render_27_zpsu8ux5gea.png
Size:	481.7 KB
ID:	1093133

Name:	Render_31_zpszginulrp.png
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	1093130

Comment

Originally posted by makinmagic3 View Post
            Still WIP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65491[/ATTACH]
            Nice & clean modeling. Can't wait to see the final version with material. It's going to look marvelous!

Comment

[FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Working on Savanna Ultra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPWQz5_wghE
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Arejayz; 11-11-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Some new shots from our warrior project:

We also worked on a snow shader with which you can blend in snow on all kinds of surfaces via vertex painting. Works really well with tessellation and SSS .

For more head over to our thread:
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...?87803-Warrior

Gif showing vertex painting on floor tiles

Comment

Originally posted by WeMakeArt View Post
                    Some new shots from our warrior project:

We also worked on a snow shader with which you can blend in snow on all kinds of surfaces via vertex painting. Works really well with tessellation and SSS .

For more head over to our thread:
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...?87803-Warrior

Gif showing vertex painting on floor tiles

This is Prerendered territory. The snow/ice shader is amazing. Any chance it be on marketplace?

Comment

LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Hi guys!
                        Just finished this New York city rooftop environment as part of 3 week university project, I'll have one week before Christmas to make some changes so would really appreciate some critique.

Got some higher res images on my artstation too, www.artstation.com/artist/johncarney

www.artstation.com/artist/johncarney

Comment

here comes a further developed version of the starting room of the game.

this is how a scene and the transitions between places in the scene could work in game.
                          once the charakter moves near another place, there will be a short cameraflight.
                          some of these flights will be soft scrolling while character is moving (starting point moving to the right and looking to the ladder), some will be real short flights (e.g. from starting position up to the storage room )
                          recorded with shadowplay in 4k with 15-20 fps fully unoptimized.

what do you think of it ?
                          www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post

this is how a scene and the transitions between places in the scene could work in game.
                            once the charakter moves near another place, there will be a short cameraflight.
                            some of these flights will be soft scrolling while character is moving (starting point moving to the right and looking to the ladder), some will be real short flights (e.g. from starting position up to the storage room )

Veerrry nice looking enviroment! I like the lightning and vibrant colours, and the fact that not everything is overly metallic or glossy.

Transitions seem working at least in the video. Some of the camera movements perhaps stop a bit abrubtly to my tastes- adding a slowing down key as a brake would make them a bit smoother. Then
                            again I worked years in cutscenes so I am overly picky for those :P. Is the main character on the screen all the time btw or is it like first person? If the character is visible all the time, maybe the camera movement animations might
                            get a bit "noisy" after a while and simple fixed/semi fixed cameras with slight pans and camera interest centered at the character could work better. Thats something you have to test with the character moving though, if there will be that .

Biggest question probably though is, how does player realize what area he can zoom into, what objects examine etc? The room is very nice looking but also very dense, so its hard to figure what are important objects and what are not.
                            Of course this is something that clears up when playing, but if there is not any hint such as popups/edge lines/tooltips, there is a chance it might become just randomly clicking around until something happens? Keep up nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by stucki View Post

Wow, this is looking fantastic. Beautiful lightning, I totaly love it.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                              Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

These last couple of posts have been incredible, keep up the great work everyone!

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Working...
                                X