This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomura View Post
    I did some work on my AI-Testing project. Though I have to admit that I made more progress on the UI and underlying engine module than on the AI itself.
    Also there is little door opening fail at the end. That will probably the next thing to fix and then I'll teach them to attempt to run into/near cover during combat. (Currently they are just being aggressive and try to find a location where they can hit the player and only try to take cover when they are reloading.

Enemy damage was reduced/removed to have a longer combat situation with the enemies.

Good Job with Animations and Ragdoll. The weapon handling and damage looks tight too.
    GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
      Good Job with Animations and Ragdoll. The weapon handling and damage looks tight too.
      Credit for the animations has to go to Kubold with his Rifle Anim Pack Pro. They are really amazing and did contain almost everything I wanted to have in terms of animations.
      I just added a procedual animation for recoils and holding the weapon properly + making the anim blueprint/anim component base class. Almost everything in First Person is procedually driven, except for the reloads, but I also want them to have a system at some point where the weapon mostly drives the hands, but that's something for later.

I've recently added camera animation to the all-procedual recoils to have a little bit more detail to them:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...EcyXzZ5T3NFQlU

and a first pass grenade explosion effect:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...WRWUFJyVDZtYWs
      Last edited by Tomura; 10-22-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Surikain Fury, an Action adventure Hack n Slash/ 4 player Coop story that I have been working on for 17 years and now that i have a small group that is willing to work with is helping me make my dream a reality Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirques Township rough_02.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	1091689Click image for larger version

Name:	TITLE_Flames.jpg
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1091691Click image for larger version

Name:	Yusuf_of_Nahima.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1091692Click image for larger version

Name:	Julios_small.jpg
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	1091693

Comment

Hey guys ! Just wanted to stop in and show you " WinterTide "

Our greenlight is currently active and if you are feeling generous I could really use a Yes vote

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=539726787

Alot of awesome and beautiful projects on here, Keep up the great work guys !

~ Stay Frosty

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wintertide2048.jpg
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	1091699
          Attached Files
          Last edited by T3CHZ; 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Testing out light and dark mechanics for the mobile game Pokkit Quest!

Name:	LightSword.png
Views:	3
Size:	902.2 KB
ID:	1091710
            Check out our game Arcus!

Comment

Screenshot of our character in engine.

more in our thread here

Comment

Marsh territory creation

Name:	1GbJMR92maM.jpg
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	1091749

Comment

more work on an old scene:

Name:	oPaKs_kombuese_01.jpg
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	1091754
                  www.ofpawnsandkings.de

Comment

Some samples of a little something-something I've got in the pipeline:

Name:	teaser1.png
Size:	807.1 KB
ID:	1091756

Obviously, or at least I hope it's obvious.. the title of the game is not "Title blackout" Rendered out the first of many, umm.. accessories:

Name:	Chain_Hook_Small.PNG
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1091757

In the promo sample, the events I am referring to happened here:

Name:	secondfloor0he.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1091758

An excerpt from the ~30 page audio script (again, the script actually doesn't say redacted.. maintaining some resemblance of a media blackout during development:

Originally posted by Script
                    I took the photograph to the closest research facility, and they stated that the photograph was from [redacted]. The address on the note was [redacted].

Looking into this address has revealed something very interesting, which I am including with this audio file. It is the police report from the [redacted] murders that occurred in that house, in the same year that the photograph was taken. I am currently involved in another avenue of research, but perhaps we could contact a local in that area that could try to find any information pertaining to them, and if the [redacted] murders were the work of something... else.
                    So we have a horror, arch-viz, and VR cross-mix. Sounds like a match made in heaven if you ask me

I'm hoping this will be a "mandatory pick up and play", as the script makes several "honorable mentions", such as Room 217

On a side note, I bought a few of the horror packs on the market place to see if they're usable.. sadly, they're not Looks great on a monitor, but oh how you can spot the bad stuff when you hop into VR. It seems that everything that is "wrong" always pops out, like you mind and eyes just naturally gravitate towards the things that are not "right in the world". For anyone making assets for VR, you need to be picky about EVERYTHING. Every little detail, no matter how small, needs to be perfect (or imperfect. Perfect 90 degree edges do not happen in the real world). The vertices on that hook were modeled to the closest zoom possible in 3ds Max (sub nano-meter?).. so close that you have to drag for a few seconds to reach the next vertex.
                    Last edited by SaviorNT; 10-23-2015, 07:44 PM.
                    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Alright so.. spent the day on this Click image for larger version

Name:	orGKXdH.jpg
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1091786
                      Last edited by EyeOfScar; 10-24-2015, 07:09 AM.
                      Twitter - EyeOfScar

Comment

Originally posted by JZAcH View Post
                        Alright so.. spent the day on this [ATTACH=CONFIG]62605[/ATTACH]
                        I like it, maybe add those godrays from the particle effects demo too.
                        LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

@unit23 Yes ofc. Light shafts , particles and fogsheets are all in the list .. The scene is still WIP and you can check out the progress here https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...066-Castor-WIP
                          Twitter - EyeOfScar

Comment

Love Docking Bay 94 So much detail! I like how you added the top walkway with the control office as well.
                            Last edited by Livingdeadjedi; 10-24-2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I'm Making a MMORPG - VRMMORPG game which is Dungeon Art Online. I will add screenshot but not now. You Have to Wait.
                              Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ2...32QYMgc-zI9NZg
                              Twitter: http://twitter.com/TaraniaWarsOn/
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TaraniaWarsOnline/
                              IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/taraniawarsonline
                              Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ofarukishida

Comment

WIP so far in my spare time on the Theed Hanger from The Phantom Menace, some materials are just basic for now. Then it's onto designing the outside area.

Name:	Hanger1.jpg
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	1091809

Name:	Hanger2.jpg
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	1091810

Name:	Hanger3.jpg