This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomura View Post
    I did some work on my AI-Testing project. Though I have to admit that I made more progress on the UI and underlying engine module than on the AI itself.
    Also there is little door opening fail at the end. That will probably the next thing to fix and then I'll teach them to attempt to run into/near cover during combat. (Currently they are just being aggressive and try to find a location where they can hit the player and only try to take cover when they are reloading.

Enemy damage was reduced/removed to have a longer combat situation with the enemies.

Looking great mate! Good feel to the shooting and impacts etc.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Hey guys! Here is update#1
      Thread is here

Comment

I really enjoy doing odd stuff like this...

Comment

Originally posted by WeMakeArt View Post
          Hey guys! Here is update#1
          Thread is here

That is awesome. Only thing I can spot is that the torch/candle flames and firepit smoke are not reacting to the wind coherently with the snowflakes (I mean that flames are reaching upward where the snowflakes are blowing toward camera). Maybe something worth checking out. Regardless very well done scene.

Comment

Working on the map ...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Epic_Of_Tales_Monnligtht_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1091347
            LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Doing some testing of my Mount & Blade style combat. You'll notice the text on the left side is showing which direction was picked based on mouse movement. You can also see a reskinned JCInventory with some improvements. The sword that gets equipped actually *is* the JCInventoryItem, as well. I also quickly demonstrate the damage and ragdoll system (set with an unrealistically high force).

Not shown is the bow which also has animations implemented, and leaves behind JCInventoryItem arrows (which get stuck in whatever they hit, but have a chance to bounce) that you can pick up. I plan to add a chance to make them break, and let you recover the pieces to repair them with the crafting system.

Two hand sword is also animated.

Currently both up/down use the same animation for both sword types, but once I have a separate animation that will change. Also to be added will be a Chivalry style swing direction system (mapped to mousewheel, MB4 etc. instead of using inverse mouse direction to pick) as an option. Not sure which I'll pick as the default system.
              Last edited by n00854180t; 10-16-2015, 04:03 AM.
              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Working on getting scale right for a big open space. Mountains will have cliff faces and shelves to serve as a more organic barrier around the edges of the map.

Attached Files

Comment

I made a cloak model and got it working with APEX clothing tool, though it needs to be remade so that it won't clip with itself so much when under physics. Still looks cool from a distance, though, and I'm proud of the cloak itself and the texture and normal map I made.

Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Infinite water planes using WaveWorks

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/0WHegf9.jpg[/shot]

Video:

Also would like to give a huge thanks and a shout out to Temaran and his work on the RenderDoc plugin for UE4. If anyone is doing any kind of shader work and needs some debugging tools. Go check it out: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/RenderDoc_plugin
                    Last edited by GalaxyMan2015; 10-20-2015, 05:27 AM.
                    NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                    Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

A Star Wars Project I am working on with a couple of friends. Still early WIP.
                      You can see more here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Docking-Bay-94

Attached Files

Comment

New WIP scenery pic collection:
                        http://imgur.com/a/TY5DQ

Comment

Doing some nature

Name:	0S6p0AeI6sk.jpg
Size:	549.7 KB
ID:	1091600
                          Last edited by Barugoo; 10-23-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

working on dirty bathroom
                            upcoming horror game

Name:	asa.jpg
Size:	460.4 KB
ID:	1091629

Comment

Working on the inventory screen

Name:	Epic-Of-Tales---Inventory-WIP.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	1091652
                              LEGENDS of EPICA [Twitter] [Facebook] [YouTube] [Vimeo]

Comment

Working...
                              X