Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on the Citadel Scene from Half Life 2: Episode 1. I really need to adjust the lighting to help fit the scene better, as at times eye adaptation really messes with the scene depending on my angles.

The rotating clouds and various visual effects are using timelines with exposed parameters in blueprints. My personal focus is the VFX while I have a friend modeling the rest of the scene.

Comment

Have taking a little break from blueprinting and have started to put together a level.
      I have a working placeholder HUD in place for health and stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by docjor View Post
        Have been doing a bit of work on the Tiger tank.. Not sure if I'm happy with it.. or if it is up to current gfx standards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54654[/ATTACH]
        Looks good to me. How does it look in UE4? At least for me metals look quite bit different in Substance Painter than in UE4.
        Not sure if its something you like, but some army stickers/flag could give some variation and identification to its look? The backside objects obviously use the same UVs and textures just flipped left-right
        which gives a bit of copy-paste look that stand from otherwise finely detailed and textured model.

Comment

Originally posted by Manatee View Post
          Looks good to me. How does it look in UE4? At least for me metals look quite bit different in Substance Painter than in UE4.
          Not sure if its something you like, but some army stickers/flag could give some variation and identification to its look? The backside objects obviously use the same UVs and textures just flipped left-right
          which gives a bit of copy-paste look that stand from otherwise finely detailed and textured model.
          They come out looking just the same in the engine. I export Roughness and Metallic as TGA, and make sure to uncheck sRGB on them after I import them to UE4. As for the tank, I have some insignia on the sides and front, and a bit of weathering should cover up the stacked UVs... But for now this vehicle has been shelved because someone else is making one that I will use instead!

Comment

Originally posted by docjor View Post
            They come out looking just the same in the engine. I export Roughness and Metallic as TGA, and make sure to uncheck sRGB on them after I import them to UE4. As for the tank, I have some insignia on the sides and front, and a bit of weathering should cover up the stacked UVs... But for now this vehicle has been shelved because someone else is making one that I will use instead!
            Oh THANK YOU! I had readjusted metallic values in UE4, but the tga+sRGB trick allows me to use 1.0 for metallic and roughness without worrying anymore, oh joy!

Comment

Start working on my level

Comment

Behavior Tree Tutorial
                How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

Once upon a time in a Kingdom Far Far Away a new legend begins. Team of the brave young developers starts on a journey. Let's see their first steps...

TacticalLegends.com - Twitter - YouTube channel
                  PLAY FREE NOW!

Comment

Been working on getting a library called Voro++ going in unreal, it generates 3D voronoi datasets.

Managed to get a procedural spherical voronoi mesh going last night:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150904_095207_post.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1086982Click image for larger version

Name:	20150904_095226_post.jpg
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	1086983

As you can see I haven't coded the normals and the topology is pretty rough. That's just because this is just a test to make sure I'm understanding the Voro++ data properly.

My actual plan is to use the voronoi data to generate mask textures for height maps which I'll then project orthographically onto a tessellated cube reshaped into a unit sphere.

Comment

Finally getting away from doing blueprint work on my game project and going to spend this week and perhaps next, working out what environment designs I want to go for.

This is a quick throw-together of a main space station corridor. It's just one modular part repeated. I have doorways, corners, various intersection types too, but just testing different ideas on the straight sections for the time being. Once I decide on a design, I'll go on over to Substance designer/painter and do my own materials to make it look perdy.

Last edited by Otreum; 09-04-2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Simple Trailer

Hurricane

Comment

Destroyed moon

My latest addition I just finished getting into unreal, it has 8 animations 8 bones rigged that are blended in the animation blueprint so you can adjust speed of rotation on different groups of the broken up rocks. The movement is alot more interesting in our game then on sketchfab but I can only play one track on sketchfab its still in beta stage. Sorry it also takes awhile for the textures to load on this one, its pretty heavy on sketchfab. If you play the animation at 0.5 speed it feels a little better.

Arconia WIP
                          https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-FI-Rogue-Like

Portfolio
                          https://sketchfab.com/comatos

Comment

Here is an in-game screenshot of our main character SuperDodger in action. Followed by some Marmoset shots of the bad guys.

You can find our game on Steam, please vote if you wish:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=511714494

Name:	SuperDodgerBattle.jpg
Size:	832.8 KB
ID:	1087072

Name:	BigRobot1.jpg
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	1087073

Name:	BigRobot2.jpg
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	1087074

Name:	ThinRobot1.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1087075

Name:	ThinRobot3.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1087076

Suggestions welcome !

Comment

Day 2 of a coop hordemode I am building, using my survival game template here: https://github.com/tomlooman/EpicSurvivalGameSeries

Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPOS - WIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxdxRstNP1Q

Name:	11951146_1012877022090378_8673373907458188823_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1087159

Comment

Working...
                                X