This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arendt View Post
    Some work i started when i got unreal , but still slowly working on it ( 2nd one is recent ) :

...Amazing/Epic/Unreal!

Comment

Makes sense since i used unreal chair as the throne ^^

Comment

Awesome guys! What game are you planning to build Arendt?
        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
          Good lookin' stuff! what's floating about?
          Just random assets from the level...It's the room Alice first falls into when she enters Wonderland so I needed stuff in the air while she falls...Later we'll replace these assets with key assets from the rest of the levels....

Thanks by the way and you've been doing a great job with the forums...

Our Twitter is just plain Sad. Help us out with Retweets and Follows
          UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
            Awesome guys! What game are you planning to build Arendt?
            I am not really building any game at the moment since it would take all of my time , just creating game scenes.
            However it would be nice to work on something in the near future , wanted to improve first .
            Last edited by Arendt; 08-31-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hi

Working on my Cabin

Comment

Hey guys, I'm building the Holman House in UE4. Interior and exterior. Got it almost entirely modeled. I want to achieve foto realism in every corner. Still a lot of work to be done. I'd also like to see this with realtime GI.

I love archviz stuff and I love architecture, I come from mobile game development but I want to explore PBR workflows with this project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FZYM6uE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1056100
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Eki82PL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	1056101
                Last edited by JDessaux; 08-31-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

@Inmatic: The cabin is a bit difficult to see, it would benefit a lot from SkySphere / GI or some interior light to grab the attention and remove the pure blacks. (Had a BSOD while writing this, that's a first :P)
                  Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Some screengrabs of what I'm working on.

Basics to understand what's going on: The grid you see can be switched on/off per object to construct a level during a game session. (has multiple floor levels which you do not see in the first screenshot)

The meshes are of course just placeholder blockouts to test out the concept.

Attached Files

Comment

@Tom Looman
                      Thats something i try to figure out how it works. There is a Skylight allready and its still too Dark. When i raise the strength from the Skylight, the other shadows are too bright.
                      It´s not so easy to get the right lighting

Comment

Originally posted by Inmatic View Post
                        It´s not so easy to get the right lighting
                        Absolutely. I have only done some basics with lighting so far, but I've seen friends work on lighting tweaks for hours - there is a LOT to tweak and dial to get the correct results.

Comment

I almost broke my computer screen trying to get lighting to work in one of my artviz scene.
                          my rage hasn't sufficed yet. i think i won't touch ue4 for a week.
                          sigh.

anyway here a preview to a office asset pack im working on.
                          here are a few non-final wip light switches.
                          these i randomly picked to showcase.

Attached Files

Comment

Unreal Racing

I have been having a lot of fun just toying around with the different templates and features, with my latest effort being a racing level based on the Vehicle Game template!
                            Unfortunately for some reason i couldn't attach the images so I'll share a dropbox folder with some screenshots : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wt1sj5wf...TRrYWGuda?dl=0

// Linus "Jolner" Borgström - Sweden

Comment

^ nice. I definitely see shades of DFAO at work in those screeens.

Comment

my project )

Comment

Working...
                                X