Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW that's very beautiful and well executed! Def following it.
    Many thanks Errvald

Comment

Working on the new C++ survival game! So much fun! Setting up the project basics at the moment, character movement, 3rd person camera, usable objects etc.

Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Hello!

We're developing Red Goddess. Currently we're working in camera features. To define the camera behavior, we made a number of design decisions about how we want the player to view the game world and what is the best way for the gameplay.
        We did define the behavior of the camera for each location in the game world and for each possible situation in which the avatar find, the camera moves intelligently to follow the action, the biggest disadvantage of this option, is that we've to implement each camera manually. it requires much more work to implement.

The player sees the game world from the side as the camera tracks the avatar.We have follow a combination of types of cameras. The camera normally follows the avatar at a fixed distance as she runs around in the world but sometimes the camera should do a zoom, so the player can see some way beyond the avatar into the distance

Please check it out in the bellow gif;

Any suggest/comments are welcome! Thank you
        Last edited by Yannick; 03-27-2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Jesus that gif's bigger than my house, what have you done
          Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
          Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
          |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
            Jesus that gif's bigger than my house, what have you done
            Took a lonnnnnnng time to load the page!

Comment

Working on a cloaking effect that allows for part of the mesh to be rendered opaque while other parts are translucent. It doesn't make much sense, but I think it looks cool.

Last edited by MuchToLearn; 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Sorry about the size, we just changed... TY

Comment

Originally posted by MuchToLearn View Post
                  Working on a cloaking effect that allows for part of the mesh to be rendered opaque while other parts are translucent. It doesn't make much sense, but I think it looks cool.

It does make sense. Imagine a Building game, where you first place a BluePrint and it materializes as shown above. And i think there are many more possibilities!
                  For example, change the Transparent Shader to one with low refraction, and less visibility. Voila you got an interesting transition effect, when a Player picks up an Invisibility-Item!

Comment

Originally posted by Memnarch View Post
                    It does make sense. Imagine a Building game, where you first place a BluePrint and it materializes as shown above. And i think there are many more possibilities!
                    For example, change the Transparent Shader to one with low refraction, and less visibility. Voila you got an interesting transition effect, when a Player picks up an Invisibility-Item!
                    Also, the character can use a invisibility suit like the one Snake uses on Metal Gear Solid. The suit can be "activated" using this effect. Or even a "Matrix" effect (the character is inside a virtual world and he is disintegrating, or something like that). I liked it.

Comment

Updated the spline following system for my platformer test.

The player can now correctly rotate on the splines and also follow the spline paths round corners.

The camera still needs some work as it's still a little jerky/unruly at times.

I've also added some collectibles and a HUD system to make it look a little more interesting. Thanks to Streak Thunderstorm's Sonic Unreal Worlds project (Sonic-Unreal-Worlds-Open-source-UE4-Sonic-Engine) for the rings icon in the HUD.

Comment

Originally posted by MuchToLearn View Post

Have a look at my page here: http://www.tomlooman.com/the-many-us...h-in-unreal-4/ at the bottom I explain one possible method of filtering out those inner triangles.
                        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

My entry for Comicon Challenge 2015, Capture directly from UE4

You can visit my WIP thread
                          And my artstation post
                          Last edited by Willpowaproject; 03-28-2015, 12:16 AM.
                          WIP Action Game -The Admin-

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                            This is very interesting
                            This is looking great!
                            Affinity Game Development Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Minius View Post
                              Morning in the forest. Attempt to create realistic nature scene.
                              Tree's and vegetation remind me of the Pliocene, and you need some wild animals. https://www.google.com/search?q=plio...evid=108162441
                              LEGENDS OF EPICA | CS - SPACE ALPHA

Comment

Working...
                              X