Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our latest dev log for Witanlore: Dreamtime!

Some great looking work in this thread!

Comment

Currently prototyping a modular elevator system:

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
        TOM STOP BEING SO RAD. JK carry on.
        Ha!

Originally posted by DarkRider View Post
        Our latest dev log for Witanlore: Dreamtime!
        Lovely devlog! Well put together. Torch fire FX caught my eye especially.

Originally posted by Xenome View Post
        Currently prototyping a modular elevator system:
        Awesome! Great system Is this part of a larger game project you're working on or separate experiment?
        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
          Is this part of a larger game project you're working on or separate experiment?
          Part of my larger project (see link to Xenomata UGV in signature). I'm currently rebuilding the main framework for that, so it was easier to test the elevator prototype in the third person template for the time being.

I really like your circuitboard shader stuff btw!

Comment

Originally posted by Xenome View Post
            Part of my larger project (see link to Xenomata UGV in signature). I'm currently rebuilding the main framework for that, so it was easier to test the elevator prototype in the third person template for the time being.

I really like your circuitboard shader stuff btw!
            I remember the vehicle demo when it first came out. Love it!

And thanks! I may use the circuit effect later for some organic growth effect on sci-fi environment...for now it's just a quick proof of concept.

In the spirit of sharing, I posted this screenshot earlier this week on Twitter. It's a very early wip of a game I'm working on (doesn't represent the final style, we use mockup blocks for simplicity - currently working on actual models)

More info on that later! I will create a thread for it - perhaps this week depending on progress.
            Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
              This reminds me so much of Tron 2.0 from 2003, i love this game.Are the bright lines on the edges vertex paint, texture or something else?
              http://cntrollaltdel.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ICO_hr View Post
                This reminds me so much of Tron 2.0 from 2003, i love this game.Are the bright lines on the edges vertex paint, texture or something else?
                They are textured. We tried vertex painting in an earlier UDK prototype, while the lines were extremely sharp while very close-up it didn't scale well like mipmaps do. We suffered heavy aliasing.

The Tron reference is kind of unavoidable with these graphics The final style will stand more on its own - I hope to share more on that soon in a separate thread for the game.

Comment

Working on this little apartment scene to improve my materials and try out some more complicated lighting situations

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	457.2 KB
ID:	1056036

Name:	02.JPG
Size:	523.0 KB
ID:	1056037

Name:	05.JPG
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	1056038

Name:	06.JPG
Size:	429.7 KB
ID:	1056039

Name:	07.JPG
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	1056040

Name:	09.JPG
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	1056041

Name:	10.JPG
Size:	470.6 KB
ID:	1056035

Any feedback is very much appreciated, but keep in mind that its early wip

Cheers!
                  Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                  https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Size:	983.9 KB
ID:	1056042

Name:	lowpoly.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	588.6 KB
ID:	1056043

Parts of a rocket game I am making with a low-poly aesthetic

Comment

Originally posted by rodstone View Post
                      Parts of a rocket game I am making with a low-poly aesthetic
                      I see this style popping up in places and I love it Another example: https://twitter.com/qthe0ry/status/4...878144/photo/1

Comment

Hello,
                        I've been invited to do mechanics of a turn based 3d board game ( japanese chess ) with blueprints (without AI for now^^).
                        I don't use line trace and tick for actions.
                        A basic system that i hope usefull too for chess, checkers and even wargames turn based games.
                        I only add a screenshot for now and will do a decent video when system will be fully working :

Name:	ShogiStart.png
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	1056044

Comment

Hello all! I am working on my very first Unreal Engine 4 project and I will be announcing it soon hopefully. I have a lot of things to work on, but I couldn't wait to share some pictures with you guys!

Last edited by KoldKam; 08-29-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fen View Post
                            I've been invited to do mechanics of a turn based 3d board game ( japanese chess ) with blueprints (without AI for now^^).
                            Holy Smokes...Too Awesome...
                            I have a Shogi thing going on in my game as well so I truly look forward to this...Make sure to keep us Updated....Looks awesome...

okay ...I guess I have to share as well...

Name:	screenshot00009_bmp_by_presidentnelson-d7x7wzf.jpg
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1056072

Our Twitter is just plain Sad. Help us out with Retweets and Follows
                            UE4 WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by President View Post
                              Holy Smokes...Too Awesome...
                              I have a Shogi thing going on in my game as well so I truly look forward to this...Make sure to keep us Updated....Looks awesome...

okay ...I guess I have to share as well...
                              Good lookin' stuff! what's floating about?
                              UE4 Development [VR & AR Forums | VR Docs | ARKit Guide | ARCore Guide]
                              Make and Maintain Framerate [ Robo Recall Postmortem]
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Some work i started when i got unreal , but still slowly working on it ( 2nd one is recent ) :

P.S. still using 4.0.2 ^^
                                Last edited by Arendt; 08-30-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X