Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reworking modelisation of the character, as i am a bit noob at this, trying to have bones for facial animations ( mostly for story cutscenes ) as i was looking around, i do a better job at doing facial expression with blendshapes / morphers, but it looks like it's lighter to use bones.

Comment

Comment

Flying an airplane underground? yep

Comment

More shoreline junk

Comment

Plugin: Mesh Boolean Operations
            Plugin: 2D Lightning Occlusion / Shadows

Comment

Two New Stances, dragon stance and phoenix stance ( martial arts and twinblade respectively ) dragon stance has become the new neutral stance, single katana has become a fast stance, phoenix stance is a power stance, nearly finished both of these stances, new dodging mechanics that are much easier to get to grips with, new jumping mechanics, fast air dash attacks can be performed from any stance now and so can the up down wheelkick.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scre10j.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	527.7 KB
ID:	1625098 I have just made some improvements to my game "Cannon Golf". This game was first made for the "Epic Game Jam". If your are interested, you can find and try it here.

Comment

French Garden inspired Low poly scene

Comment

Edge of Chaos RTS - The Orcish Horde rises!

"Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                    RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Diablo Meets Ghost'n Goblins, Work in progress... Let me know what you think. Thanks :-)

VIDEO HERE
                      https://youtu.be/Oppl0UPkycw

---

Attached Files

Comment

Name:	Abby-Darkness.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1626154

Comment

A music video for a Lebanese artist called Toni Geitani (about 95% done)

https://soundcloud.com/tonigeitani

Comment

Comment

Modular Character Mesh Component system.

Short youtube video showing the randomizer function.

100% Blueprint so far.

What started as a "how do modular characters work?" experiment has grown. ModularMeshComponent acts as a holder of the Arrays and NameMaps that track all current and equipable armor and weapons/equipment. It also has several functions to help getting data in/out of the component for use such as randomizers, all usable at runtime.

Name:	ModularMeshComponentBPs.png
Views:	15
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	1627614

Additionally offsets and and rule functions are used to determine which sockets to spawn equipment on (eg sheathed vs in-hand), along with rulesets for how hair should be spawned to prevent clipping through headwear .

Currently using the MasterPoseComponent to sync animations, will look into support for Skeletal Mesh Merges down the line (requires C++ and not sure if I will switch it from 100% BP)

I've worked to make the component as "art independant" as I can, so it can work with other Modular Art assets from the marketplace (or that you make). Unfortunately I only have one modular mesh art asset to test it on, so not sure how much time it would take to get it up and running. That said most of the work would be populating the arrays with your meshes and using the helper functions/offsets to reduced clipping issues.

Next I plan on:

- improving the equipment socket offset handling

- better item set storage/retrival and random item stats generation (with random seeds).

- expand on the tint masking and material parameters, for more color customization options.

- expand on the character creation widget that's still in the rough stages.

If it gets much further I'll probably look at submitting it to the marketplace.

Mesh is from this asset pack by Dungeon Mason (which was one of Epic's free asset packs for May2019):
                              https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...heroes-polyart
                              Last edited by MajorSmash; 06-04-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Basic Jet Physics
                                https://streamable.com/w2bxl

Comment

Working...
                                X