Click image for larger version

Name:	vzyTrQd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1061831
    https://www.facebook.com/madhousesoftware
    Attached Files

Comment

Allright, cross platform multiplayer. Video made wyth Shield Tablet, the other 2 are 2 game instances on a stand alone PC.

Comment

Currently working on a Survival/Strategy called LOPO Island, where your goal is to build a raft to get off the island, while sourcing out food/water and taking care of the enemies that come out at night.
        So far i have..
        Day/Night Cycle, with spawning enemies that search in your area
        hunger/thirst mechanics
        Inventory System and currently working on crafting
        still working on this day and night, hopefully can get a video up soon! Click image for larger version

Name:	T5Gw6Yw.jpg
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1061874Click image for larger version

Name:	0pbhRmY.jpg
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	1061875Click image for larger version

Name:	iIqZQ4g.png
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	1061876

Comment

game Im working on for android and Ios devices called 'Sun Run'

The objective of the game is to collect the stars and get to your beloved Moon GF 'Crescent' and rescue her with light from the evil Horizon. Collect enough each level and win back the day for the earth!!

Comment

Reworked some of the floor textures with the Quixel Tools today.
            Attached Files
            @BarrageGame - Artillery-RTS in space

Comment

Sorry for the high-resoltion images, but here's some stuff I've been doing inbetween projects.

(The flag/colors can be changed to whatever color you want in the final version, still very WIP )

Comment

Originally posted by Osman View Post
                Sorry for the high-resoltion images, but here's some stuff I've been doing inbetween projects.

(The flag/colors can be changed to whatever color you want in the final version, still very WIP )

Will you add rope/wire to the clips on his arms? Helmet POV is going to look awesome. (The DOF is a nice touch)

Edit: Crossposting from our WIP thread, a playtest video we recorded yesterday playing with a couple of friends:

Attached Files
                Last edited by Tom Looman; 12-15-2014, 11:35 PM.
                Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Working on a Turn-Based Shooter Prototype using Blueprints. Got a Dynamically spawning localized grid system for movement and a basic Command UI for movement, firing and end turn. I've also recently replaced the default cameras on the characters with a general RTS style camera. Working on character animations and A.I. Behavior Tree right now.

Here are the latest video and blog updates:

Unreal Engine 4 Dev Update #6: Character switching, Holographic Localized grids & Auto-Activation of UI

Unreal Engine 4 Dev Update #5: HUD based Command UI, Grid based movement system & Dynamically Spawning Grids

Feel free to check out the dev updates and tutorials in my blog: Unreal Possibilities
                  Last edited by Stormrage256; 12-16-2014, 12:48 AM.
                  Blog | Youtube
                  NEW:
                  Tower Defense Starter Kit (v2.10) | Flying Wedge Grid Formation | Top Down Stealth Toolkit [v4.23]

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post

Will you add rope/wire to the clips on his arms? Helmet POV is going to look awesome. (The DOF is a nice touch)

Edit: Crossposting from our WIP thread, a playtest video we recorded yesterday playing with a couple of friends:

Really looking forward to your game man. First time I saw one of your dev videos, the one with shooting grenades to alter the level design, it really blew me away. Are you working on a single player aspect as well, or is it a purely multiplayer shooter?
                    Blog | Youtube
                    NEW:
                    Tower Defense Starter Kit (v2.10) | Flying Wedge Grid Formation | Top Down Stealth Toolkit [v4.23]

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrage256 View Post
                      Really looking forward to your game man. First time I saw one of your dev videos, the one with shooting grenades to alter the level design, it really blew me away. Are you working on a single player aspect as well, or is it a purely multiplayer shooter?
                      It's purely a multiplayer shooter, we're not working on any SP component for the game.
                      Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Playing around with grass meshes again

Click image for larger version

Name:	grass.png
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	1062211

Comment

Small proof of concept for now that C# can be used in UE4.
                          http://i.imgur.com/IkQJkTK.png

There are several reasons why C# would be easier:

* No header files, or worrying about the wrong include order in a complex project (circular references)
                          * No memory management needed (if the C++ side is handled correctly)
                          * Array bounds checking
                          * Fast compile time
                          * Automatic serialization
                          * Less cryptic compile errors
                          * All the variables are initialized to their default values before being used
                          * Delegates, anonymous functions
                          * No DLL hell
                          * Use existing C# code libraries (No compilation setup at all; a huge difference compared to downloading C++ libraries)
                          * In-built system types: String, List, Array, Dictionary etc.
                          * Far less of a chance of messing up your data with pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by xXxFishAndChipsxXx View Post
                            Small proof of concept for now that C# can be used in UE4.
                            http://i.imgur.com/IkQJkTK.png

There are several reasons why C# would be easier:

* No header files, or worrying about the wrong include order in a complex project (circular references)
                            * No memory management needed (if the C++ side is handled correctly)
                            * Array bounds checking
                            * Fast compile time
                            * Automatic serialization
                            * Less cryptic compile errors
                            * All the variables are initialized to their default values before being used
                            * Delegates, anonymous functions
                            * No DLL hell
                            * Use existing C# code libraries (No compilation setup at all; a huge difference compared to downloading C++ libraries)
                            * In-built system types: String, List, Array, Dictionary etc.
                            * Far less of a chance of messing up your data with pointers.
                            Cool POC! I was really looking forward to C# support when it was first announced that unrealscript would be replaced by C++. But now that I'm more comfortable with C++, while having Blueprint on top of that I feel like it's not something I will need anymore.

Still, I find the possibility of it interesting and surely a good number of people will find it more comforable to work in C# (easier transition from Unity too)

Comment

I have been learning Unreal 4 for about 5 months now - and I love it. The game I have been working on is called Diluvian, a Scifi FPS using a Doom style, with flat sprites as enemies. I have made video of my progress so far:

Comment

Made an RTS camera for Top Down Turn Based games.

Unreal Engine 4 Dev Update #7: RTS Camera System for Top Down Turn-Based Games
                                Blog | Youtube
                                NEW:

Comment

Working...
                                X