Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model i'm working on, not finished yet... this was rendered in keyshot... cuz haven't made a low poly yet... looks like i'm still improving which is great! pleased with my progress....

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-Ex-Cel.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	1131394

Comment

Originally posted by Darktrooper View Post
      Recently downloaded my version of iClone 7 and made this guy in it and imported him into Unreal this morning. Overall the character looks really good. I haven't set up his anims yet but those should be done in short order. What do you guys think?

Not bad, but it looks like you're using OpenGL normal maps when Unreal is expecting DirectX ones, causing fine surface detail to look like it's pointing in the wrong direction. You can fix this by editing the texture settings and checking "flip green channel".

Basically, two different render technologies approached normal maps in a slightly different way: one decided to map the green channel with zero in the top left, the other with zero in the bottom left. Switching between the two formats is mercifully easy: you just invert the green channel of the normal map, which UE4 can do automatically if you check the right box.

Comment

First Platformer Game in Unreal WIP : Gothic Crusaders

Name:	gothic-crusader-main-menu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	1131495

Comment

first scene looking for photorealism / check my artstation, i will be adding more by time https://www.artstation.com/artist/enes77

Name:	tZ9EXwG.jpg
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	1131499

Comment

This is one of my games worlds its surreal and made out of sweets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoflmumqyRA

Comment

Revealed some screens of a new work in progress marketplace product. Check out more here!

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	731.5 KB
ID:	1131515

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	699.9 KB
ID:	1131516
              Last edited by SE_JonF; 07-25-2017, 08:14 PM.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

WIP on the procedural cities with interiors I'm working on for my master thesis, will share documentation and final source code for free as soon as everything is done.

Last edited by magnificus; 07-26-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hi there folks!

Working on a Bitcoin game. All feedback are welcome!
                  Been in crypto for a couple of years now, but it felt natural for a first project in Unreal

The BitcoinMaximalist - GAME

https://youtu.be/-zNwutIEjBk

An early version to download (Not Recomended) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp075zwst8...alist.rar?dl=0

Image Gallery : http://imgur.com/a/6GuCf

Cheers!

Comment

Third person cyberpunk stealth shooter

Comment

Originally posted by L04D3D View Post
                      Model i'm working on, not finished yet... this was rendered in keyshot... cuz haven't made a low poly yet... looks like i'm still improving which is great! pleased with my progress....
                      -- snip --
                      Impressive!

Would like to see the final version.
                      I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Comment

Baby cute as a button Mi-Go roaring hungry
                        (Recorded video from the Unreal engine)

Comment

a short explanation of my WIP RTS game system:

Edge of Chaos RTS
                          "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                          RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

my first ever game / project : LZR - an Endless-Runner with synthwave / 80s aesthetics

https://sirraidon.itch.io/lzr

Comment

Hello there! Checked out this thread, you guys are making amazing stuff here!

Want to share a bit of my work. It's on very early stage and nothing is finalized yet, but yeah, here it is.

Name:	145b72f1f13e0d1221bd9e30480cb371.jpg
Size:	478.9 KB
ID:	1131649

The game's name is "The Secret Ties of Strandcliff". I'm not yet ready to fully announce what will it be about.
                              Right now I'm working on pre-alpha, making assets, scripting some stuff, refining graphics and writing plot.
                              And my friend is helping me concepting characters.
                              Check out my twitter @Strandcliff where I post progress on my game "The Secret Ties of Strandcliff".
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mindfane View Post
                                Impressive!

Would like to see the final version.
                                Didn't actually make a low poly of it yet... cause I got caught up in the artstation beyond human challenge, which is eating up my time.... model i'm working on for that is similar though and I have made a low poly of it...

here's the new model in keyshot....

Name:	BeyondHumanHelmet.jpg
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	1131799

Name:	Beyond Human Upper Body.jpg
Size:	496.9 KB
ID:	1131800

And here's the low poly version rendered in marmoset toolbag.... the low poly character is 80k polys, the bike which I admit isn't great is only 18k polys ( seriously the limit in the competition is 100k for the whole lot, bloody difficult to make a motorbike on a shoe string budget lol )... anway here it is...

Comment

Working...
                                X