Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Artist Still learning the ropes ins and outs View my entire thread here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...er-Art-Project

Click image for larger version

Name:	fpshandfinalrenderwire.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	1060919Click image for larger version

Name:	KairiUnrealEngine 4.PNG
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1060921Click image for larger version

Name:	KairiUnrealEngine 4.PNG
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1060921Click image for larger version

Name:	fpshandfinalrenderwire.PNG
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	1060919Click image for larger version

Name:	Kairi.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1060927

Attached Files
    Last edited by Rodesqa; 11-12-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Kairi remembers me my character, Loomi (6 posts above). But Kairi seems to be more "correct", I'm still learning modeling/animation. But let's do a crossover some day. =P

Comment

Originally posted by maik2m View Post
        Working on a big open natural enviroment scene.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15842[/ATTACH]
        Wow, this is looking great!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcio Daniel View Post
          Kairi remembers me my character, Loomi (6 posts above). But Kairi seems to be more "correct", I'm still learning modeling/animation. But let's do a crossover some day. =P
          Hey thanks for the feedback. Im still learning Animation and texturing. So kudos on the animation bit as I think its really hard to get a character to animate correctly. CHEERS!!

Comment

Just finished a scene in UE4, The lighting was an issue because the Fire PFX Light component doesn't shadow or bake into GI as it would be too expensive to spawn that many lights with those functionality. To resolve this I added point lights above the bowls to bake lightmap information into the scene and then turned them into dynamic lights to give real-time shadows. It seems that the Light Propagation Volumes do not function correctly with Point Lights. Also is there any way to use a Skylight which illuminates specific meshes in the scene? I know UE4 is using a PBL setup which gives realistic results. but stylistic choices such as leading the eye and using volumes to occlude light from areas would be useful..

Attached Files
            Last edited by Toku; 11-13-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Nice work, it remind me a lot serious sam
              http://zombiezi.narod.ru/z-i_studio/...ime_screen.jpg

Comment

I've been doing some work for 7DFPS Jam. Didn't get to spend nearly as much time on it as I would have liked, but it turned out OK.

Basic premise is that characters are invisible unless damaged. Hitpoints is directly linked to your visibility. You can hunt other players by listening to the heartbeat that rises when a player is near. Blooddrips on the floor we initially only for sprinting and wounded players, but turned out it was a bit too difficult to locate players otherwise...

Was aiming for async gametype with hunters & hunted. The hunters were regular visible characters with utilities to locate and eliminate the invisible characters, once dead you would become a hunter - visible - and start to hunt down the remaining invisible players. (I might still actually do that outside of 7DFPS submission)

Name:	7dfps_01.jpg
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1061043

Name:	7dfps_03.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1061044

Name:	7dfps_04.jpg
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	1061045
                Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

@toku : wow, great job man!

New monster for my game
                  Texturing still in progress
                  Attached Files
                  WIP Action Game -The Admin-

Comment

Impression of the mood/atmosphere for the jam entry. Did not quite get the gamemode ready in time for the deadline. Will work on that later on.

Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Altercore update

Here's what I'm working on, it's still early days, the corridors and rooms are procedurally generated, the animations are still pretty rough, I'm not a very good animator but I'm getting better, I started this ages ago, but left it alone for a long time, finally came back to it and updated all the models. at the moment I'm trying to work on gameplay systems, such as combat, I want to nail the feel of it before I move onto level design and the like, eventually ( hopefully ) aiming for a dmc style game combat wise, I know the animations don't look great but they're only rough placeholders for more elaborate moves. hope you like it.

Comment

Some stuff we're working on:

Name:	level05_small.jpg
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	1061309

Combining "Prototype Character" & "Scifi Weapons Silver" from the marketplace:

I posted more on that in our latest dev blog

Comment

Name:	wop7kiy.png
Size:	398.8 KB
ID:	1061312
                          Some work i finished today for my self.
                          VFX Artist
                          Portfolio: Here

Comment

Toku,

Even with some of the problems you are experiencing with lighting, the scene still looks amazing! Great attention to detail and effects such as the heat distortion around the flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Toku View Post
                              Just finished a scene in UE4, The lighting was an issue because the Fire PFX Light component doesn't shadow or bake into GI as it would be too expensive to spawn that many lights with those functionality. To resolve this I added point lights above the bowls to bake lightmap information into the scene and then turned them into dynamic lights to give real-time shadows. It seems that the Light Propagation Volumes do not function correctly with Point Lights. Also is there any way to use a Skylight which illuminates specific meshes in the scene? I know UE4 is using a PBL setup which gives realistic results. but stylistic choices such as leading the eye and using volumes to occlude light from areas would be useful..
                              Really cool Toku! Amazing detail I love it!

In version 4.6 of the engine you will be able to use an emmissive material as a light source, it should make scenes like this simpler from a lighting perspective. Here is the pre-release notes on 4.6
                              Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

@JDessaux, Fantastic work.

@KoldKam, Those green men remind me of "Army Men" game. Too dark IMO, probably you can make it better spending a few more hours on lighting. Waiting for the announcement and good luck.
                                Artstation
                                Join the support channel
                                Gumroad Store

Comment

Working...
                                X