This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YannickLange View Post
    Creating a collaborative level editing plugin called MultiEdit. So you can create levels together at real-time on different machines.

Video of first version:
    That is so awesome! Keep it going

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
      Are your widgets still designed in UMG though? This sounds entirely possible by building the individual pieces in UMG and applying transformations that you store in the INI on load.

@maik2m: Looking good! Are you using imposters in the background (I see a couple of trees slightly left of the middle that look like flat sprites?) or is everything 3d?
      Thanks. No, those flat trees are lod1 but since this map has fully dynamic light i'm not able to get good shadows/lightning on small objects on this far distance. Because of this it looks very flat. The leave texture may be not ideal too. The slight green fog does the rest.

Comment

Are your widgets still designed in UMG though? This sounds entirely possible by building the individual pieces in UMG and applying transformations that you store in the INI on load.

I actually hadn't thought of that. I might look into that though. Thanks.
        Twitter: @InfectedFPS
        Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)

Comment

Lot's of things I've been working on lately,

Localized post-process effects
          Click image for larger version

Name:	localpp_0000_box2amlif.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	1060533

Calculating normals for vertex shader waves

Name:	oceannormals01cwbq2a.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1060532

Testing ray-traced sof shadows

Name:	bankerlamp_004arhpdf.jpg
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	1060525 Click image for larger version

Name:	bankerlamp_004bzyqm6.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1060526

Name:	rtss_01bqgufz.gif
Size:	818.0 KB
ID:	1060527

Higher quality SSR

Name:	ssr_0001_32s8rxxkjo.jpg
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1060534

Cross-Hatching Post-Process

Name:	hatchingshader_03ubk4r.jpg
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	1060531

And dealing with noise...

Voronoi noise (ALU)

Name:	voronoi_001a2lqxs.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1060528

Modified perlin noise to calculate derivatives for normals

Name:	perlin_dv_0155qed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	1060529

Ridged perlin noise for procedural terrain

Name:	procterrain02asmrw6.jpg
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	1060530

Comment

Wow great projects.
            The PerPixel-PostProcessVolumes look very interesting. something i definetly have a usecase for

Comment

Been working even further on the face... first iteration on the eyebrows. Modeled and textured the teeth and the tongue.
              check our thread in my signature. Cheers

Character Artist @Ninja Theory

Comment

Character is looking amazing already! Working on some skin shading myself for the first time, I know there is a LOT you need to consider for it to look real. Eyes are great!

I can only assume you have seen this presentation before: http://www.iryoku.com/stare-into-the-future
                If not, and for other peeps, it's a great read on skin & facial shading techniques by Activision Blizzard R&D.
                Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Character is looking amazing already! Working on some skin shading myself for the first time, I know there is a LOT you need to consider for it to look real. Eyes are great!

I can only assume you have seen this presentation before: http://www.iryoku.com/stare-into-the-future
                  If not, and for other peeps, it's a great read on skin & facial shading techniques by Activision Blizzard R&D.
                  Thanks! Yes i saw this presentation and its great would recommend this to every1!
                  Character Artist @Ninja Theory

Comment

3D Menu!

Name:	B1I6ZrOIgAAql2h.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1060690
                    UE4 Project Page: Cardboard Invasion

Comment

I made the first animation of my game, the idle animation. I know there are things to improve (the neck is still a little "robotic"), but it's ok for the first version, I'm still learning things about animation.

Here is the video:

Comment

We've been trying to fix an issue with our Deck Builder for Ancestory since it has a tendency to crash in the builds where as it works just fine in the editor, but this is how it looks like at the moment:

Comment

Really digging that UI style, stylised but clean. My only suggestion would be to make the sliders a more contrasting colour, even with the white highlight on them it's hard to see (at a glance) where each one is.

What UI system are you using, out of curiosity?
                          Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

Comment

Doing some work for the 7DFPS jam. Started way late, may continue for 7 days on my own time :P Will be a shooter variant focusing on lights, cloaking & lots of sneaking around.

Name:	7dfps_01.jpg
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1060860
                            Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Little space scene we did. A lot of NASA stuff being used here, including some massive earth textures stitched today and a gigantic star field. Planet also has a dynamic day/night cycle so as it rotates it goes dark and the lights come on. Also has a separate cloud layer that rotates independently for added realism.

Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
                              Request a quote today:
                              https://ironbellystudios.com
                              Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFace View Post
                                Really digging that UI style, stylised but clean. My only suggestion would be to make the sliders a more contrasting colour, even with the white highlight on them it's hard to see (at a glance) where each one is.

What UI system are you using, out of curiosity?
                                Thanks, yeah we're probably gonna revise the sliders and the buttons. The current version is done from ground-up with just blueprints, but we'll probably test out UMG pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X