This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
    Set up culling behavior using distance fields, now I can clear off grassy areas for basebuilding, logical campfire placement, or even make my own trails.

Is this culling using opacity mask, or is it actually removing and adding in the meshes dynamically?
    Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
    Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
    Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
    Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
    Digital Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
      Early WIP of a new product I'm working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119654[/ATTACH]
      Personal opinion incoming. Look at your 2016 on the bottom and go upwards until you hit the aliased seem on your mesh below the railing/floor. I have always thought these thin extrusions or 'ledges' make models look worse not better due to aliasing. Not all AA can get rid of it and I would rather see those triangles used in another place/make it thicker/use a texture & normal instead.
      Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
      Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
      Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
      Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
      Digital Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Osok View Post
        Personal opinion incoming. Look at your 2016 on the bottom and go upwards until you hit the aliased seem on your mesh below the railing/floor. I have always thought these thin extrusions or 'ledges' make models look worse not better due to aliasing. Not all AA can get rid of it and I would rather see those triangles used in another place/make it thicker/use a texture & normal instead.
        I see what you mean, I think that's just a bad angle of the screenshot. The edge is actually beveled, but it doesn't look that way in the photo. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
          I see what you mean, I think that's just a bad angle of the screenshot. The edge is actually beveled, but it doesn't look that way in the photo. =)
          That makes sense! I should know better than to doubt you
          Digital Portfolio

Comment

Hello guys!
            So i just recently started using UE4. I've been a lurker for a while but decided to atleast try it out. It was harded than i thought tho, as it pretty much hit me in my face. As i am looking to deepen my knowledge, please criticize my work below. It's hard to know what misstakes you should be focusing on when you're just starting out.. Thanks

basic overview of the scene.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00006.png
Views:	1
Size:	835.0 KB
ID:	1119764

Interior.

Name:	ScreenShot00002.png
Size:	800.1 KB
ID:	1119765

Why do i get these weird shadows? On the roof, and where can i "controll" them in general, any tips guys?

Name:	ScreenShot00000.png
Size:	757.2 KB
ID:	1119767

All models you see in this post is from whitman and oldbert's low poly series! Next project will also include these meshes, and i might spend a little bit of time with a heightmap, and/or basic blueprinting, such as opening/closing a door. Also, using materials but it does feel abit out of my reach for the moment.
            Thanks in advance!
            Last edited by JollyHolly; 12-09-2016, 06:50 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That makes sense! I should know better than to doubt you
              Not at all, it was a valid criticism. I noticed that myself when doing the screenshots. When you see it closer you'll notice the difference. =P

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Some character work I've been doing this week

Name:	soc10.jpg
Size:	809.6 KB
ID:	1119902
                Away (WIP) Indie DB |

Comment

Is this culling using opacity mask, or is it actually removing and adding in the meshes dynamically?
                  It's culling using the opacity mask in the material

Comment

Game Project "Tecnocrata" now im improving the levels and character design.

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1119912

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1119913

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1119914

Comment

Name:	HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
Size:	741.2 KB
ID:	1119976

Name:	HighresScreenshot00013.jpg
Size:	705.1 KB
ID:	1119977

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi there,

I'm working on a new high-res texturepack for UE4.

I'm pretty new to today's shading techniques,as I'm only used to create diffuse maps as hobby artist for UT/UT2k4 ten years ago.

Now I take my own photosources, make them a seamless texture, then paint a heightmap by hand, create a normalmap
                            and finally I put all together in the UnrealEditor to create 3d-looking materials using simple bump-, or more complex displacement-mapping.

I have a few old castles around where I live, and I'm about to create some medieval brick-, ground-, rock- and wood textures.

What do you think so far?

//edit: Why can't I see my attached images?

-
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pandemoon; 12-15-2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Hello Guys and Girls,

Today I experienced some pretty bad "Developers Block" while working on our game assets so I decided to see what my brain would spit out and so I present to you my little Developers Block project. I created the scene, shaders, textures and tv/disco balls. I will eventually add more to it and see if I can't get rid of this Developers Block I have. Enjoy!

Last edited by LethalLotus; 12-16-2016, 07:10 AM. Reason: updated video

Comment

Japanese Courtyard and Tea room

Images of a personal project I've been working on for a while, here's a link for some of the progress and other works, next project I'll post progress here also

Name:	japanesegarden_01_SophieHolt.jpg
Size:	982.1 KB
ID:	1120149

Name:	japanesegarden_night_SophieHolt.jpg
Size:	952.1 KB
ID:	1120151

Portfolio
                                Attached Files