Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo of my level design ( Shangri-La ), it's a small map, just practicing with 3D modeling and with Unreal engine and btw it's my first time creating a level design and 3D assets

Comment

Look at that smile
      Click image for larger version

Name:	VROverstuffed_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	561.0 KB
ID:	1114216
      Have a happy day!

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDay View Post
        Look at that smile
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]107558[/ATTACH]
        KAWAII! xD

Comment

Cars Of War, hobby (portfolio) project.
          Wot inspired game with armored cars, more weapons, mines, smoke-grenades, more equipment options and dynamic weather system.
          Multiplayer over steam 12 vs 12.
          Slow paced tactical oriented game play.

Current version: pre-alpha, playable multiplayer over steam.
          Gameplay video in the works!
          (WIP, need to replace some place holder graphics etc)

One man show, all done in blueprints.

Name:	carsofwar.jpg
Size:	597.3 KB
ID:	1114275

Comment

Working on a map inspired by Overwatch's art style, this is just for practice.All assets are original and handpainted

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	643.1 KB
ID:	1114291

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	812.0 KB
ID:	1114292

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	1114293
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by northstar View Post
              side tracked again buuttt... this is just toooo sweet.... i had to share

Nice to see that your modular system is working pretty well so far, I am still a bit nervous when I need to do this for my characters.
              Do you have a UI system set up to where you can control this or is this more for when you are spawning in characters that the clothing systems runs? Are you thinking at all of tackling in a materiel system for the clothing so you can change the colors of the different skeletal meshes for the character?

One why that I have found to be able to get the clothing to better match up with the character body is to take the character mesh (the naked guy or the main skeleton) and create a materiel ID channel for him just set up a opacity controller to hide different sections of the body if there is another clothing mesh that is to be place there such as if your bools that you have become true.

but overall this is nice to see working and what are you plans with they system in the future?

Kyle D.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilOverseer88 View Post
                Nice to see that your modular system is working pretty well so far, I am still a bit nervous when I need to do this for my characters.
                Do you have a UI system set up to where you can control this or is this more for when you are spawning in characters that the clothing systems runs? Are you thinking at all of tackling in a materiel system for the clothing so you can change the colors of the different skeletal meshes for the character?

One why that I have found to be able to get the clothing to better match up with the character body is to take the character mesh (the naked guy or the main skeleton) and create a materiel ID channel for him just set up a opacity controller to hide different sections of the body if there is another clothing mesh that is to be place there such as if your bools that you have become true.

but overall this is nice to see working and what are you plans with they system in the future?

Kyle D.
                hey EO88... well, for the moment i'm just a sequencer kind of guy and i needed a way to get mixed NPC's in so i could fill a town or something... i looked at the visibility way and i decided i didn't want 1000 meshes loaded up on my model just to use one... just as a side note, in the character details in the game viewport, you can pick the sk mesh in the components section and change the mesh and materials there... i just wanted checkboxes... and i wanted it the way i wanted it!, not the way they wanted it ...

my methodology is as thus... i am well aware that i'm not really very good at anything, but i always look down the road... it's sequencer for now, butttttt, it's also being built so that if and when i turn it over to a game, all the pieces will be there to just bing bang boom switch it over... so for now i don't need a ui for setting clothes for players... but when the time comes this system will somehow work because i will make it work, and everything you can reach in the details panel, you can put in a blueprint...

sweet dreams... NS

Comment

Dont really post much of this project anywhere right now, I am hoping that soon I will be able to get a official forum post made once I have more content and mechanics in place as I will need to find people to help me test the multiplayer aspects as well.
                  but the past week as has been taking an old gun building system and totally revamping it so it more strait forward and can be used in a multiplayer game.

So for now the guns do randomizing and I only have the two different rifle classes in right now till i get some more parts molded out for testing. The nest set will be needing to save and load the player weapon builds. Everything is still in temporary stage and will be replaced in the future.

Comment

I'm working on Swagger - top-down multiplayer shooter.

Comment

Very WIP clicker like game concept

Comment

Did a shield thingy

Comment

That's cool. I assume that's a post processing blendable? Or are those two different materials?
                          Have a happy day!

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDay View Post
                            That's cool. I assume that's a post processing blendable? Or are those two different materials?
                            It's just some extra Base Color math lerped in and activated with an on-hit event in blueprints.

Comment

That answers one of the two questions I was going to have when I saw this, my other question was are you going to make this materiel react to on hit locations and have the effect ripple from there?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilOverseer88 View Post
                                That answers one of the two questions I was going to have when I saw this, my other question was are you going to make this materiel react to on hit locations and have the effect ripple from there?
                                Probably not, at least not right now. I made this for a friend to have as a prototype shield material, only spent a half hour or so on it from start to finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X