Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE BOUNDS (Project Louisiana). Horror point'n'click with VR options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCreator1337 View Post
    So far, I really like where the project is heading and if I get the chance to playtest a later build, I gladly will!
    Thanks! Follow the project on facebook, we'll soon need some testers for the english version!

Comment

When it's too dark and you can't see, there is always hope! You just have to find it...

Let there be light!

Comment

Cool! Let me know when you need me!
        Finished projects:

Speedrun: The Game

Comment

Worked on outside of the mansion and the rain this week end.

Later, guys!

Comment

It's been a long time since I've posted...

Everybody is working really hard to improve every aspect of the game. Lately, Géraud was programming all the first level, there is no more left to do. In the same time i made various tests with the physic system. A lot of fun, a lot of ideas, integrating this to the LD was so thrilled!

I remade some of the lighting systme, rebalance colors, reworked fake GI. Help setting the mood.

I'll be back very soon for some updated gameplay trailer.
            Last edited by piotr47; 10-14-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

build 0.2.26 !

No spoiler. We focus on the presentation and the visuals. In a few days, I'll post the second part of the level the library itself.

Hope you'll like it!

Comment

Once again, JVL promote the game.

I was interviewed and we're talking indie game dev and Unreal Engine 4.

French
                https://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/news/...e-bounds-90919

See you next week for the second part of the video présentation, the Library.

Comment

Again, everything I have seen in the 5 minute preview looks awesome. My only criticism is a small nitpick: the candle flames are not animated. This is especially noticable at around 1:54. But other than that, amazing!
                  Finished projects:

Comment

Again, everything I have seen in the 5 minute preview looks awesome. My only criticism is a small nitpick: the candle flames are not animated. This is especially noticable at around 1:54. But other than that, amazing!
                    Absolutely. We didn't decide yet what technical choice we'll make (animated mesh? animated textures?) but we need animated flames, I agree!

Comment

I feel like WorldPositionOffset combined with a LinearGradient would work well. It can also be used to animate grass and is very efficient as far as I know (the LinearGradient would be used to only animate the top of the flame).
                      Finished projects:

Comment

Are you guys looking for music at all? Even if you aren’t, this game looks AMAZING! I totally wanna know when this comes out to get it.

Comment

Second gameplay footage. The LIBRARY.

It's here that the exploration and the challenge really begins!

We played with the post process and the volumetric fog. A bit tricky to set up (I had to rethink my lighting system), but it TOTALLY worth it!

Hope you'll like it!
                          Last edited by piotr47; 10-14-2018, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Lookin' good. I am looking forward to playing a translated demo as all I've seen so far of the game are YouTube videos and since the game is quite dark, YouTube's compression messes with the overall quality. Once again, I only have a small criticism: Some lightmaps need improving. This is noticeable where lamps hang from the walls. But other than that, the game continues to amaze me with its visual presentation
                            Finished projects:

Comment

Lookin' good. I am looking forward to playing a translated demo as all I've seen so far of the game are YouTube videos and since the game is quite dark, YouTube's compression messes with the overall quality. Once again, I only have a small criticism: Some lightmaps need improving. This is noticeable where lamps hang from the walls. But other than that, the game continues to amaze me with its visual presentation

Thanks, we are aware of that, we are trying to think about a quality service, maybe DDl if you want full precision videos...

concerning lightmaps, the thing is we are monitoring Vram usage and we'll see when the level is 100% done (but not before) how much we can improve lightmaps quality, some of them are already 512, maybe even 1024...
                              The goal is to be playable 1080p/60fps on a GTX970 / i5 quadcore .

For now we are good to go!

Originally posted by Svd001 View Post
                              Are you guys looking for music at all? Even if you aren’t, this game looks AMAZING! I totally wanna know when this comes out to get it.

Right now, we have someone who will compose for us (you're hearing his first work for us during library gameplay vidéos). But thanks

Comment

Level 2 is going on. The structure is done, trying to adjust the mood, before putting the last props in it.

undefined

Comment

Working...
                                X