Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screenshot Saturday!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New around here, and figured I'd find ways to participate! It's not Saturday right now but... here's something from my project

    Comment


      Yo Saturday uploader club buddy I have more screenshots. This wasn't a productive week, but I created 6 modular buildings pieces, some props and a lot of material masters to share in the level as instance materials. (Yeah, those wood boxes placeholders are from Industry Prop Pack 6) More WIPs:




      Modular windows, frames... and stuff:



      Can't wait to see your screenshots, buddies

      Comment


        Originally posted by Games Artisan View Post
        New around here, and figured I'd find ways to participate! It's not Saturday right now but... here's something from my project
        I'm a newcomer too. Interesting Voodoo doll Liked it

        Comment


          Originally posted by Amelia_P View Post

          I'm a newcomer too. Interesting Voodoo doll Liked it
          Woot! I LOVE your screenshots. What are you working on?
          Thank you! It's hard to find conversations here that I have tons to add to since most people are more proficient with code, so this seemed like a good place to start hahaha

          Comment


            Originally posted by Games Artisan View Post

            Woot! I LOVE your screenshots. What are you working on?
            Thank you! It's hard to find conversations here that I have tons to add to since most people are more proficient with code, so this seemed like a good place to start hahaha
            Thank you! I'm working on a linear 'arena after arena' single player third person shooter with four different shooting skills based on playing card suits (hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds). Think Kane & Lynch meets Hotline Miami, but with small levels ^^

            We're in the same boat. Most devs here are programmers. I studied Unrealscript when I used UDK and recently migrating to Unreal 4, but I'm not more than a code monkey struggling with Blueprints now. I'm glad to find another buddy artist here
            What's your game about? Seems interesting!

            Comment


              Oof, do you believe I forgot to post more WIP this Saturday? Here we go. First, I modeled more props like lamps, power boxes, stones, bricks, etc. Also, I changed the whole lighting because... OPTIMIZATION!!! Such a big monster. My game is a third person shooter, so it MUST run in solid 60 FPS. I had to change many things in my level, convert many dynamic lights to statics, etc. THIS Epic's video helped me a lot to figure out what was going wrong with my level performance. Here are some results (still WIP, of course. Solid 80 FPS. My next step will be Vertex Painting to add an interesting texture variation):





              And I started to import and set some enemies (total ugly because I'm using a temporary Mixamo's rigging on my custom character. This angry Italian's fingers look like they're broken XDDD He's missing his baseball bat weapon too. I've tested and have to retopo ALL my enemies due to performance. My mantra: "It has to run 60 FPS full-screen, It has to run 60 FPS full-screen, It has to run 60 FPS full-screen. ooooooooooooooooooooooohm"):



              See you next Saturday, dev buddies! Have a great week working on your game!

              Last edited by Amelia_P; 08-25-2019, 02:12 AM.

              Comment


                Comment


                  A horror game? Nice! (você é brasileiro? pelo nickname...)

                  Comment


                    Tech Vs Magic progress screenshot:

                    Knight riding a sabre into battle.

                    Game Site: http://tvm.exisgames.com
                    Twitter: https://lnkd.in/e-B4hcF
                    Facebook: https://lnkd.in/ecdySyv
                    Youtube:https://lnkd.in/e2uvEmc


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	SS_9_6_2019_SM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	376.9 KB
ID:	1661989

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by EpsilonKo View Post
                      Tech Vs Magic progress screenshot:

                      Knight riding a sabre into battle.

                      Game Site: http://tvm.exisgames.com
                      Twitter: https://lnkd.in/e-B4hcF
                      Facebook: https://lnkd.in/ecdySyv
                      Youtube:https://lnkd.in/e2uvEmc


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SS_9_6_2019_SM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	376.9 KB
ID:	1661989
                      So pretty! I like how you used opposite colors in here.

                      Comment


                        Okay, fellas! My turn! This was a weak week. I could only work on some props. Here they are new...

                        DOORS! (Modular. Now I can change the door frame, door and doorknob materials):





                        The BRIDGE (This sunova... piece of... thing. I had to model it 3X because I forgot it must follow the right proportions for a smooth step walking. I'm modeling and optimizing the graphics in a project folder separately to the project code and integrate everything later. Crazy, but I work faster this way. For the character movement, I'm using Advanced Locomotion, SO the stairs steps have to follow the proportions or the character floats above the steps):

                        First try:




                        Second Try:




                        Last try, fixing the proportions. Vertex Painting poorly implemented. Still a WIP:




                        That's it. See you next Saturday!


                        Comment


                          Hi everyone! first time posting here. I have been working on a tower defence / 3rd person shooter called AmmoRun!

                          Evil robots have taken over and it's up to you to defend your trailer as you make your way home, on a cross country tour of killer robots, makeshift automated turrets and kinetic weapons. It's up to you to build turrets and defences to hold them off!


                          Here is some pre-alpha gameplay with all the new features, including ragdoll physics, new enemies (Machine Spirit) and AA guns!


                          CC welcome!! playable alpha coming end of September


                          Comment


                            Cool! I like shooter hybrids!

                            Comment


                              Made a doom like sprite actor with 12 pre rendered view angles:


                              Rendered the sprite with Blender 2.8.
                              Last edited by EvilReFlex; 09-10-2019, 01:52 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Amelia_P View Post

                                Thank you! I'm working on a linear 'arena after arena' single player third person shooter with four different shooting skills based on playing card suits (hearts, clubs, spades and diamonds). Think Kane & Lynch meets Hotline Miami, but with small levels ^^

                                We're in the same boat. Most devs here are programmers. I studied Unrealscript when I used UDK and recently migrating to Unreal 4, but I'm not more than a code monkey struggling with Blueprints now. I'm glad to find another buddy artist here
                                What's your game about? Seems interesting!
                                Mines just about people playing hide and seek in the woods.
                                For a code monkey, you're doing pretty great things. I haven't looked in to making anything modular, but it's on my list. for now I'm struggling with strange behavior in my behavior trees

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X