Comic / Anime Style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] Comic / Anime Style

So, I’ve been working on a personal game and so happy with the results I’ve decided to share it. This game is at its infancy and ongoing. We see a lot of photorealism in Unreal so I decided to go the opposite route of very stylize, flat shaded, lighter-side of things, and emphasis on whimsical characters. I’ll show and tell more about my game when its ready to show.

A little bit about the style:

I knew I wanted simple yet dynamic look to my game so I’ve researched Cell shaders. Saw a lot of anime but wasn’t pleased, so I did several tests and came to what you see now. I just love the results so far.

Besides the white border these are in-game shots:

Also did a vid:

Last edited by Sigilier; 03-13-2018, 03:24 PM.

Lookin pretty great! Always happy to see other people use cel shading

Is the solution post processing or a shader?
    Check out our game Arcus!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenWaltherMedia View Post
      Lookin pretty great! Always happy to see other people use cel shading

Is the solution post processing or a shader?
      Thanks! Its actually both, I used post processing for the lines and the base color. I used the shader for the lights and shadow color. I been looking at your game too and great job on it!

Comment

I finally have something to show. Took a while to stick to a main character but in the end I chose what I felt works better for the game overall.

I even put the the foundations of major features down the line. Like, being able to change out masks with abilities. Still so much to do and polish but having such a great time making this.

I'll give more information about the game after I get some more features so I can show it, not just write everything out.

But how does it look so far? Staring at something for so long you get use to it. I really like how it looks so far

I've plug a video of some foundational elements, worked on the cel-shader a bit more adding spec.

Last edited by Sigilier; 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X