No announcement yet.

[DEVLOG] Project 'Caillou' - The first game inspired by New Caledonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very pretty looking game! Nice work!
    CURRENT PROJECTS:
    PREVIOUS PROJECTS:SOCIAL MEDIA:

Comment

Originally posted by Krayfishkarl View Post
      This is a very pretty looking game! Nice work!
      Thank you ! Looking forward to sharing more

Comment

Countryside

Comment

Character face turnaround

Comment

Painting dynamic foliage

Comment

My girlfriend is going to love this game so much. And me too

By the way, that interactive foliage, was that very difficult to create?

Comment

Originally posted by spacegojira View Post
                My girlfriend is going to love this game so much. And me too
                We hope so !

By the way, that interactive foliage, was that very difficult to create?
                The interactive foliage was a bit tricky to get right- it spawns skeletal meshes to replaces foliages instances based on player distance and spawns the instances back when far enough, we also take the field of view into account so that skeletal meshes change back to instances faster if you don't look at them, this helps improve performance.

We want to go the extra mile to make our environments feel really alive.

Comment

"Caillou" is a copyright and trademark of a Tv cartoon show.
                  | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Philcrifo View Post
                    The interactive foliage was a bit tricky to get right- it spawns skeletal meshes to replaces foliages instances based on player distance and spawns the instances back when far enough, we also take the field of view into account so that skeletal meshes change back to instances faster if you don't look at them, this helps improve performance.
                    It sounds really complicated indeed, but it's an interesting approach for sure.

We want to go the extra mile to make our environments feel really alive.
                    This is great, in my opinion it is details like that making a game feel really immersive. Even though the players may not even notice it consciously, they will unconsciously. I think attention to detail always pays off.
                    Last edited by spacegojira; 04-05-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I adore the brightness and palate of this game. Very wind waker in its tonality and feel.
                      Production Manager at Goodnight Games

Goodnight Games Social Media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram |Youtube

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by AlonzoCPO View Post
                        I adore the brightness and palate of this game. Very wind waker in its tonality and feel.
                        Thank you

Comment

WIP day/night cycle

Comment

WIP day/night cycle

Is this sky system custom made, by yourself? None of the systems available here look like that.

Comment

Is this sky system custom made, by yourself? None of the systems available here look like that.
                              Yep it's custom made, I fiddled around with some existing solutions but couldn't find quite what I was looking for so I ended up doing it myself.

Comment

Yep it's custom made, I fiddled around with some existing solutions but couldn't find quite what I was looking for so I ended up doing it myself.
                                Are you considering to sell the system after you release your game? Because it's definitely the best looking sky system by far, and all the other solutions out there are really more of a disappointment.

I would definitely buy it, even just for learning how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X