No announcement yet.

[DEVLOG] Project 'Caillou' - The first game inspired by New Caledonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] [DEVLOG] Project 'Caillou' - The first game inspired by New Caledonia

The Team

Awaceb is an indie studio created in 2016 by childhood friends from New Caledonia.
    Our first game, Fossil Echo is already available.

Devlog

Here, we will share the development process of our new game, Project 'Caillou' (working title)
    'Caillou' is the nickname used by New Caledonians to refer to their homeland.
    It's french for 'Pebble'.

Latest Post

Originally posted by Philcrifo View Post
    Introducing... A CRAB!

​​​
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    Last edited by Philcrifo; 08-25-2018, 01:31 PM.

WIP dynamic grass material

Comment

Physics driven dynamic foliage

Comment

This is looking incredible!!!

Comment

This is soooo pretty my god.
          I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

You can e-mail me at cinebst@gmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
            This is looking incredible!!!
            Originally posted by Cinebeast View Post
            This is soooo pretty my god.
            Thanks a lot guys !

Art style is still very much WIP, will share more on that soon.

Comment

Lagoon water material

Comment

Really beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Gôjira View Post
                  Really beautiful.
                  Thank you

Comment

Looking good. How did you make the foliage responsive? Is it still placed using Unreal's foliage system?

Positive critism: in your water fly-by the transition from beach to grass is quite instant. Try painting the beach sand a little darker to ease in to the grass and initally plae the grass meshes a little more sparsely . The water is great.
                    Take a look at my game: Crusoe

Here are some useful tools for you: Event Subsystem and First Person Animator Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Univise View Post
                      Looking good. How did you make the foliage responsive? Is it still placed using Unreal's foliage system?

Positive critism: in your water fly-by the transition from beach to grass is quite instant. Try painting the beach sand a little darker to ease in to the grass and initally plae the grass meshes a little more sparsely . The water is great.
                      Hey ! Thanks for your answer

Foliage is indeed painted with the foliage tool and each instance is replaced with a physics enabled skeletal mesh based on the distance from the pawn (and then replaced back to a foliage instance). It's loosely based on this tutorial but we tweaked it so that it automatically checks the content for skeletal meshes to swap to based on asset name, + other tweaks- it works like a charm.

You're absolutely right regarding the grass, it's because it's a test map and I painted the terrain with little regard for prettiness! The terrain materiel (from wich the grass spawns, it's not painted with the foliage tool but uses the grass type node) is already set up to handle those smooth transitions, I'll share more terrain stuff soon

Cheers !

Comment

Originally posted by Philcrifo View Post

Foliage is indeed painted with the foliage tool and each instance is replaced with a physics enabled skeletal mesh based on the distance from the pawn (and then replaced back to a foliage instance). It's loosely based on this tutorial but we tweaked it so that it automatically checks the content for skeletal meshes to swap to based on asset name, + other tweaks- it works like a charm.

Cheers !
                        Wow, that is a very cool trick indeed. Simple, beautiful and elegant. Looking forward to more news!
                        Take a look at my game: Crusoe

Here are some useful tools for you: Event Subsystem and First Person Animator Tool

Comment

WIP animations

Comment

This is looking fantastic! Loving the artstyle and relaxed nature so far. Keep up the good work!
                            [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
                            [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
                            [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
                            Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post
                              This is looking fantastic! Loving the artstyle and relaxed nature so far. Keep up the good work!
                              Thanks for the kind words !

Comment

Working...
                              X