Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by unit23 View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun, subbed to you on YT to follow your progress.
    Thats great to hear! Thankyou

If you'd like you could join the Discord server here
    https://discord.gg/TpjSkjk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Orkney View Post
    Would love to get some feedback!
    Looks like a lot of fun, subbed to you on YT to follow your progress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This isnt so much an update but more that I just figured something out and thought it might help people, currently you cannot paint foliage inside a blueprint using the foliage painter in the engine, I have a workaround for this.

I wanted to have the same grass meshes on the base of the blacksmith store as I have in the rest of the map, but I didnt want to place hundreds of these meshes by hand using the blueprints UI. So to do this, I made a new blank map and put in a copy of the static mesh for the blacksmiths housee (NOT THE BLUEPRINT, you cannot paint foliage onto a blueprint), then painted my grass meshes as normal using the foliage tool in Static Mesh mode checkbox.

After you have done this make the following blueprint graph:

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/hn_qerie/

Once you have done this, it will take each instance of foliage from the first foliage actor in the scene, get its transform and save it to an array in a savegame slot. What you then do is change your construction script to look like this

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/mn7ho4j2/

this means that whenever your blueprints construction script is run, (when you place it, compile it, or move it) it will populate your instanced static mesh component with instances using the transforms in the save game slot.

Some considerations:

I am not sure this would work in a packaged game, as the saved game for the grass transforms would not exist. You would have to manually copy the savegame file from your Editor Saved folder to the Saved Folder in your packaged project before distribution

Make sure the static mesh you initially paint your meshes on is set to 0.0.0 transform

Happy to answer any questions, hope this helps someone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Galeon View Post
    Good work.
    Will the game have story plot and npc ? Caus there is thousand survival games already.
    Thankyou! Yes it does, I have already implemented the systems needed for NPCs, shops, dialogue and quests. There is a story however I dont want to give too much of that away yet!

Its not really a survival game, although there are some survival elements like crafting, its more of a town building dungeon crawler

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good work.
    Will the game have story plot and npc ? Caus there is thousand survival games already.

Leave a comment:

• replied

WIP - The blacksmiths store, wind powered bellows!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dekilana View Post
    Simply amazing, i want to make a very similar game, what would be your suggestion, should I concentrate on art and assets first or should i tackle the game mechanics/blueprints?
    Thankyou! Thats a difficult one, its very important to get your mechanics working in order to have an actual game. But most people will be more respondent to pretty graphics and assets than seeing mechanics working I find. Most important thing for your blueprinting/programming is making everything scalable, all of your functions should be kept as generic as possible, so that you can reuse them in other areas of the project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Simply amazing, i want to make a very similar game, what would be your suggestion, should I concentrate on art and assets first or should i tackle the game mechanics/blueprints?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I've made a ton of progress in the last couple of months and have uploaded a new dev diary video here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fGH2TCBV4&t=50s

Would love to get some feedback!

Last edited by Orkney; 02-23-2019, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have started the dungeon tileset, you can save the blacksmith and his shop from the dungeon now, then place them into the village in build mode and the blacksmith will go to his store!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GIF of housebuilding!

Full Res: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq67vzmgiSg

Also Alchemy and Farming are in, starting with brewing HP potions, wont show the alchemy part but right now you can craft Small Medium and Large HP potions using different bottles and ingredients!

We also now have a discord server! Come join us at discord.gg/TpjSkjk for more updates than I post here. Also on Twitter
    Last edited by Orkney; 01-04-2019, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been quiet for a while!

I am still working hard on this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AlonzoCPO View Post
    Awesome work! Ive followed your work for a while!
    Thats great to hear!

Last night I created a character mesh for the Blacksmith, this is the first time I have modelled a character before, so I will probably redo him after more practice, but here he is.

Frontier also now has a website you can get to here . Though it is still under construction. Also see our new logo, created by my brother.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work! Ive followed your work for a while!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X