Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kip_p View Post
    Hey, can I ask for a few more details?
    It looks really interesting, and im not sure how it works?
    have you imported a library of GIS data and it picks them dynamically, or does it blend them?
    like a GAN?
    and what format is the satalite date in?

thanks
    Hello kip_p,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

Internally, the system is very complicated to explain. I will try to simplify the concepts.

The application is completely decoupled from the sources. The most important part is the world, in fact, the application is creating configurable level of details of tiles based on the geographic position of the viewer, those tiles are created using some geographic projection to simulate a round planet.

During, the creation, the tiles will request some resources based on the geographic extent and some other properties.

A server of Data will try to provide GIS data that satisfy the extent and the properties.

The server of data is highly multithreaded and it’s loading a lot of data in advance to make sure the data is all the time available, so the user can fly at 1000 m/s.
    All of this is internally managed, so you don’t need to understand it.

However, the server has an interface for loading data. And this can be useful for the user.

In fact, if your format it's not supported per default you can create your own converter. So you need a library to read your GIS format. For the Demo, I used a OGC CDB format. There is a library for loading this format.

I hope that answers your question.

Sessid.
    Last edited by sessid; 01-25-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Hey this looks great I wanted to use this for large scale desert landscapes that has good frame rate because unreal landscape is unworkable for large terrains too much frame rate hit. Also when the roads are working what way will they come into engine is it a material or spline etc.

Comment

Originally posted by racerindiekid View Post
        Hey this looks great I wanted to use this for large scale desert landscapes that has good frame rate because unreal landscape is unworkable for large terrains too much frame rate hit. Also when the roads are working what way will they come into engine is it a material or spline etc.
        Thanks Racerindiekid,

The roads can't be material only if you need detailed edges...
        For large terrain it's possible to combine both concepts: Spline for closer roads and material for far ones.

Comment

hello,sessid

Can we buy the project and source code?

Comment

Originally posted by jiean View Post
            hello,sessid

Can we buy the project and source code?
            Hi Jiean,

The project is still under development.
            I haven’t decided yet how the project will be published. But for sure, the code source will not be available.

Comment

sessid -

How are you accomplishing the boundless world you mentioned?
              Are you re basing the world origin? Using double floating point precision? Using a dual Coordinate System?

Comment

Originally posted by sessid View Post

The project is still under development.
                I haven’t decided yet how the project will be published. But for sure, the code source will not be available.
                Hopefully you can make something really fun out of it, or something extremely interesting.
                I've seen a lot of these really interesting procedural things die off slowly.
                Outerra had me really looking forward to something actually being in a game, and that would be extremely incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post

Hopefully you can make something really fun out of it, or something extremely interesting.
                  I've seen a lot of these really interesting procedural things die off slowly.
                  Outerra had me really looking forward to something actually being in a game, and that would be extremely incredible.
                  Thank you Thadkinsjr for your feedbacks,

Outerra is a very good example. In fact, like other procedural initiatives, they created the technology from scratch: It’s beautiful, but you don’t have the flexibility, the community and the tools of Unreal Engine. Even if Outerra is used in military, I believe it can’t match the quality and usability of a Game Engine.

What I tried to accomplish, is the combination of the two worlds: Gaming and procedural worlds.
                  Last edited by sessid; 02-08-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                    sessid -

How are you accomplishing the boundless world you mentioned?
                    Are you re basing the world origin? Using double floating point precision? Using a dual Coordinate System?
                    Hello HeadClot,

Sorry for the delay. No I am not using a double floating point precision. I am using a rebasing world origin but also other techniques and multiple coordinate systems...

Comment

I added the support of Cliffs, Beaches etc. based in the GIS Data...

Places: Italy, British Columbia, Mount Everest.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBQGcBn1Yk

I am using the same standard weather, but I will use a weather/season map to adapt the material...

Comment

Looks great, Sessid! :-) Looking forward to where it evolves.

Comment

I'm interested in this for my project, can you PM me some contact info?

Can you do an actual planet with this? As in 3d coordinates for an actual planet? I've got multiplanet space travel and no terrain generator decided yet, very interested in your work.
                          Free Demo 2.3 April 30th at: http://spacecadets.shop/demominigames/

Comment

Originally posted by MaSe87 View Post
                            Looks great, Sessid! :-) Looking forward to where it evolves.
                            Thanks MaSe87!
                            Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
                            I'm interested in this for my project, can you PM me some contact info?

Can you do an actual planet with this? As in 3d coordinates for an actual planet? I've got multiplanet space travel and no terrain generator decided yet, very interested in your work.

Absolutely, I can create real size planets with this, I can travel anywhere in the planet earth generated from real GIS data. I sent you my contact info.

Comment

Working...
                            X