Mars Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Always liked the art style.. Its like 'extra vivid' cartoon....
    The gameplay possibilities look quite varied as well...

Leave a comment:

• replied

demo: https://sittingduck.itch.io/mars-police
    i finally made an event driven mission with a goal and some twists. other missions will be more straight forward but i wanted to see how far i can push the scripts on this one.
    the demo also includes a much needed tutorial
    cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    finally made a little demo on

https://sittingduck.itch.io/mars-police and
    https://www.indiedb.com/games/mars-police

primarily to figure out what to do regarding the controls as almost everyone had a problem adjusting or felt downright frustrated i still enjoy it very much and don't want to dumb it down just yet. so i made a stress free ''patrol mode'' where a player can get the hang of it before being plunged into chaos. if that doesn't work, back to the drawing board : ))
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a current state of the game, bugs and all.

the ''walking on stuff'' mechanic is something i would like to improve further by adding a smoother transitions and more animations

map is using unreal's landscape now and proxy geometry is being replaced by new assets, rocks first, buildings second, foliage last

mission and patrol system is taking shape

cheers
    Last edited by sittingducky; 02-21-2018, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Suspense! Romance!
    i'm trying to populate the entire map using only one model of a rock and cliff so i could iterate later and do some optimizing. i can't wait to try the new mesh simplification in UE4
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    made some new rock and cliff models.
    still tweaking the sky shader and lighting in general. love the new distance field material nodes, especially for faking a wider, softer and more stable AO.
    ( must turn off motion blur next time i screenshoot.. )
    cheers!

btw uploading/linking pictures got weird here lately :S

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    running on top of other stuff prototype.

wanted to try this for a long time, it's super rough still, but pretty fun.
    i overhauled a lot of old BPs so the ''new stuff'' is pretty much invisible and there's a loooot of graphics work left so i'll leave the scripting for a while
    cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you sittingducky i often look at my setup and think what a waste of money lol i have 4 yes 4 kids haha and it has taken me a long time to get my gear together.But often find myself looking at it thinking "all the gear and no idea"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    tnx guys!
    [MENTION=473814]mr_starfire[/MENTION] i ain't giving up i'm super happy my stuff can sometimes inspire others just as i was inspired. but i'm certain everyone experienced the opposite effect too, like opening the Artstation frontpage, taking a long sigh and going back to sleep. or knowing all the cool 3d/2d tools but not knowing *what* to do :/
    [MENTION=11397]franktech[/MENTION] yup, if i only knew!
    [MENTION=13504]Galeon[/MENTION] tnx! everything here is still pretty loose and might change so once the important parts are locked down and the first 2 missions playable i'll try funding it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sittingducky View Post
    had no idea where to start creating the level so i made this concept. just a few years of work awaits lol.
    still need to make the bloody logo.

This is a beautifull map. Why don't you make a kickstarter or hire someone to speed up game creation ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sittingducky View Post
    anyway, it's a PAIN but i love working on it and it's nowhere near the straight up depression i felt when all i had was a grey temp level and a starter pack character. waking up and seeing *that* for months was sooo defeating ( or disheartening ) but as soon as i made my first functioning health bar *with variables and everything*, things started looking up. later i deleted it because it sucked lol.

Oh yeah, that's game dev..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whatever you do i am sure it will end up amazing mate . i am seriously jealous and in awe of your skill . you are seriously talented i looked for negatives so that i would not come across as an *** kisser but wow. Please never give up on this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mr_starfire View Post
    i do not know whether to be inspired by your awesomeness or disheartened by my apparent ineptitude ..This looks awesome beyond belief
    lol man i don't know whether to simply thank you or write a novel how hacky and hard this was..and still is

EDIT: the UDK project was hacky as hell but thanks to Blueprints things are going much smoother with mars police. still, everything here from art assets to BPs went thru at least two iterations and some of it just didn't make it; i had a huge chunk of menu systems for mission selection done but i just wasn't feeling it so i had to delete it after working on it for months. in 4.15 a new tonemapper ruined the environment colors i was tweaking for a looong time and the only thing i could do is to rebuild my day/night cycle. now it looks better and it's more optimized but it was a nightmare! soon i'll have to overhaul the entire player controller as i see all the faults i made when i was starting this thing.

anyway, it's a PAIN but i love working on it and it's nowhere near the straight up depression i felt when all i had was a grey temp level and a starter pack character. waking up and seeing *that* for months was sooo defeating ( or disheartening ) but as soon as i made my first functioning health bar *with variables and everything*, things started looking up. later i deleted it because it sucked lol.

keep at it!
    Last edited by sittingducky; 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i do not know whether to be inspired by your awesomeness or disheartened by my apparent ineptitude ..This looks awesome beyond belief

Leave a comment:

• replied
    circling the map layout in a train for fun. the geometry is temp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X