No announcement yet.

Cubiquity for UE4 - Voxel Terrain Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second note: I could not run a lighting build without the whole thing crashing.

Comment

Does anyone want to make a brief video on getting this set up and installed for UE4, that would be a great help to the community.
      Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
      Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

How about the performance?

Comment

(edit: POTENTIALLY IRRELEVANT POST... I have discovered that I am now having a wider issue with UE4, and likely this problem has nothing to do with Cubiquity)

It seems that I am unable to rebuild the project files. Here's the error I get:

Code:
           at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
             at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
             at System.IO.FileInfo.CopyTo(String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
             at Cubiquity.LoadCubiquity(TargetInfo Target) in z:\P4Workspace\Unreal Projects\Cubiquity_Test_01\Cubiquity_Test_01\Plugins\cubiquity-for-unreal-engine-master\Source\Cubiquity\Cubiquity.Build.cs:line 64
             --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
             at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
             at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
             at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
             at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
             at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
             at UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.CreateModuleRules(String ModuleName, TargetInfo Target, String& ModuleFileName)
          Last edited by dkloving; 07-14-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

i don't get it, how can i use it? im on first person blueprint example, shotting meshes with triplanar/colored cubes on it but nothing happens, all compiled 100% sucessfull and opened... help please!

Comment

hey milliams, thank you for this release.
              keep up the good work!
              best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by pr0ace View Post
                i don't get it, how can i use it? im on first person blueprint example, shotting meshes with triplanar/colored cubes on it but nothing happens, all compiled 100% sucessfull and opened... help please!
                Did you follow the videos milliams posted above? There's plenty of info there. (Sorry if that sounds unhelpful but that's how I got it all to work).

Comment

Great stuff. Everything works fine. Thanks for this.
                  UE4 crashes only when You try to build lights when CubiquityColoredCubes is placed on the scene.

I have some questions and suggestions
                  Wouldn't be better to use some boolean type to control voxels instead of Byte alpha channel?
                  What about float values for controlling placement? Wouldn't be enought to use Ints instead of float Vector?
                  Would be great to see materials instead of colors.

Comment

I can't get this to work... I install everything correctly, but it gives me an error saying "The module Cubiquity failed to load"
                    Any help? (this is on a BP project)

Also, when I try to use it in a c++ project, regenerating project files always fails.
                    Last edited by aFanOfHammers; 07-31-2015, 09:18 PM. Reason: More Details

Comment

Originally posted by aFanOfHammers View Post
                      I can't get this to work... I install everything correctly, but it gives me an error saying "The module Cubiquity failed to load"
                      Any help? (this is on a BP project)

Also, when I try to use it in a c++ project, regenerating project files always fails.
                      hi,
                      if you need help, maybe people can answer if you provide more informations like logs or screenshots

Comment

Hey,

I am having a bit of trouble getting cubiquity installed with Unreal 4.8.3. I am using the binary version of the engine but using a C++ project.

That said - It compiles just it does not show up in the editor.

Anyway here is the code for the Build.cs and log files.

Cubiquity.Build.cs file on Pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/m7z4wv6V

I put the Cubiquity.Build.CS in my plugins folder is that where it is supposed to go? or is it supposed to go in my source / <Project Name Folder> / and overwrite the default.build.CS?

Log Files -

http://pastebin.com/9wZjKsdG

Thank you for any help.
                        Last edited by HeadClot; 08-08-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I don't really want to advertise my repository since I might not keep it, but since people are having trouble getting started. This repository is just an example and me trying it out.

https://github.com/ChillyFlashER/Cubiquity-UE4-Test

Comment

Originally posted by ChillyFlashER View Post
                            I don't really want to advertise my repository since I might not keep it, but since people are having trouble getting started. This repository is just an example and me trying it out.

https://github.com/ChillyFlashER/Cubiquity-UE4-Test
                            Hey thanks for the heads up

Looking at your instructions on you repo

Comment

Hey, I've got a few questions:
                              How do I import multiple terrains of the same type to one project?
                              How do I set up terrain sculpting on smooth terrains? I followed the video, but I guess it can't be done the same way anymore.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	T8Th5xe.png
Views:	1
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1087153

And also why should I use cubiquity colored terrain over destructible meshes?
                              Last edited by Killa_; 09-07-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

can anyone make a tutorial please???

i have done everything he says but it always says unable to build project and closes

Comment

Working...
                                X