No announcement yet.

The Resistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been working on the gatehouse some more (: The textures for the most part are still rough, mostly just trying to block colour in them to see what sort of colours/ materials I want to go for, also been sculpting lots of HPs

Comment

This is looking pretty cool, keep up the good work. =)

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

Adding some men into our NPC roster. I'm just using the guard head right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PeasantMan1HP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1400790

Comment

Here is a male peasant complete with a new head and hat.

Name:	MalePeasant1.jpg
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	1402381

I was also experimenting with a base beard texture on the face which I can add planes for on top for more variety in the faces.

Name:	MalePeasant1Head.jpg
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	1402382

Comment

Hope you all had a great christmas! (:

So ive been really busy texturing the gatehouse, a lot of the textures are still placeholders at the moment, so ill be going back and refining and polishing them, just wanted to get an idea of what the colours/materials are looking like together (:

Comment

Lots of great art work you have there. some good environment setup as well. I really hope to see a video of some actual gameplay. seems like there is a lot of AI involved as well. Can't wait to see a bustling city.
              "As for me and my own, we will rewrite all the codes."

Blog: http://enjoy-game-programming.blogspot.com

Comment

well then, this game looks better than my game "The Resistance" on steam. Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLab_Games View Post
                  well then, this game looks better than my game "The Resistance" on steam. Good work.
                  http://store.steampowered.com/app/75...he_Resistance/ I find the humor in that this is a sci-fi and "The Resistance" (Current Context) is set in medieval times.
                  "As for me and my own, we will rewrite all the codes."

Blog: http://enjoy-game-programming.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by smartyMARTY View Post

http://store.steampowered.com/app/75...he_Resistance/ I find the humor in that this is a sci-fi and "The Resistance" (Current Context) is set in medieval times.
                    There's always a resistance of some form, whether that be the 15th century or the 50th.

Got a couple more characters done and in the scene. (I'll make up another female head soon.) I think I will add a few polys to the archer's tabard thing at the bottom as it's looking a bit blocky.

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	1408680

Name:	22.jpg
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	1408681

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaJ View Post
                      Got a couple more characters done and in the scene.
                      Characters are looking great, will they have facial animation or are they only secondary characters ?

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                        Characters are looking great, will they have facial animation or are they only secondary characters ?
                        Thanks! These are just background characters, so no facial animations I'm afraid. I will be making the playable hero character somewhere down the line, so we are aiming to get some for that.

Comment

Heres our new vertical slice (:

Last edited by Josh203; 01-09-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Ive more or less finished the gatehouse section about a week ago but I completely forgot to post it, been working on the market square ever since (:

Still got some more things to add but ill add them as I go along (:

Gatehouse:

Made a market stall in marvellous designer and started baking and texturing it today, only got the solid colours in there for now so i can start parameterising it in designer, then ill start adding some detail/wear onto it (:

Comment

So I have't been very good at keeping my progress up to date on here but that will change now that I can give this project my full attention. I will be posting much more frequently but for now, here is what I've done so far.

There are actually a few more animations in engine but I will post those once we've sorted out the rig problem we currently have.

Feedback always welcome

Comment

Been on the character treadmill for a good while, so here are 4 more characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X