No announcement yet.

The Resistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks absolutely awesome! Great work everyone!

Comment

Ive made lots of changes, added a brick trim around the edges of the buildings to break up the sharp edge. Also added another trim to break up the repeating patterns as well as laying out more buildings.

Ive finally done a very rough preview (since it takes bloody ages) lighting build, just a simple directional light, havnt tweaked any of the settings much, just wanted to make sure my models were shading properly. Ive still got far to contrasted areas so in the coming iterations ill be tweaking the lighting lots (: And of course havent got round to post effects or anything like that, so its still looking pretty raw at the moment (:

Comment

This is great level design

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
          This is great level design
          Thank you very much! (:

Comment

Ive been working on a way to create a pavement system where i can create it and modify its properties in engine, to get some nice sweeping pathways. Its a blueprint system that creates mesh based on a spline and has parameters to tweak the twistyness, width and options to turn the side walks on and off (: The texture on it isnt final, still working on it and refining it, and ill be vertex painting puddles/mud/dirt over it in the coming weeks (:

Ignore the people walking in the spot, our animator added her animation in the scene since she was pre vising (:

Comment

Heres our verticle slice tomorrow (: Finally a proper video, no more gifs!

Ignore the watermark in the music, its just a placeholder since we havent decided on final music yet, and all the other sounds are placeholders as well.

The AI dont move at the moment, we're still trying to get that system working, but in the mean time they just walk on the spot and stuff.

Comment

Looking great! Keep up the good work

Comment

WOW! This environment is absolutely BEAUTIFULL!!

Congratulations guys

Comment

Been making the gatehouse (: still pretty rough at the moment, just trying to get the shapes/forms that I want, and try and get a unique silhouette!

^Also thank you guys very very much!!! (:

Apologies of the lack of updates, ive had a really horrible cold for 2 weeks, which means my progress has been a lot slower than usual but im just recovoering now, so hopefully speedy progress from here on out!

We're back to good old gifs unfortunately!

Comment

Hey! Just thought I would show a quick screenshot of the richer looking clothing I've been working on. It's pretty much ready to be textured now so I'll post again when it's all done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rich1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1396556

Comment

The peasant has been working hard and has earned enough to become noble! (Or it's her more successful twin, who knows?) Going to try and get a new face out soon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RichF1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	537.5 KB ID:	1396967

Still keeping each character at around 20k tris.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone Here's some updates on a modular building I've been working on, renders are from Marmoset, I have started setting it up in engine too so will post renders when that's all done

Comment

I've added a new female face. Starting to get a bit more variety now! (For the women at least.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Female3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1398003

Comment

Great character.
                              As the building, would modular approach or some character tool generator be better instead ?

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                                Great character.
                                As the building, would modular approach or some character tool generator be better instead ?
                                Thank you! The characters are modular in a sense that they are separate heads, hair and bodies that can be interchanged. They are all technically in the scene as their own character models though.

Comment

Working...
                                X