Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAME] From Fire

Hi all,

I have been working hard at a new third person survival horror game (PC) and have finally put a teaser up on YouTube! Would mean a lot of you took a few moments to watch, like, share and subscribe. Help me get the word out.

Thank you!
    Naveed

twitter: @NaveedHIQ

It would be really cool to see some gameplay videos, because right now it's very difficult to tell what the game is about. Is it going to be something like RE1?
    My Environment Artist Portfolio
    My Artstation

My Marketplace

Comment

It's a teaser I put together to announce the game and I'm going to start work on getting some solid game play trailers out in due time. Going for RE1/ RE7 look/feel but atm it won't be a fixed cam (or tank controls). Thanks for your comment!

Comment

Originally posted by Naveed View Post
        It's a teaser I put together to announce the game and I'm going to start work on getting some solid game play trailers out in due time. Going for RE1/ RE7 look/feel but atm it won't be a fixed cam (or tank controls). Thanks for your comment!
        Well, if you were going for RE1 vibe - you definitely achieved this!
        My Environment Artist Portfolio
        My Artstation

My Marketplace

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback Cruddynight, comments like these keep me motivated!

Comment

Looking forward to getting scared! RE1 was one of my favorite horror games.

Are you thinking of adding little mechanics like manual gun aiming and reloading that make moments extra tense as you fumble to get ready?
            Plugins: GES - Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo

Comment

Originally posted by getnamo View Post
              Looking forward to getting scared! RE1 was one of my favorite horror games.

Are you thinking of adding little mechanics like manual gun aiming and reloading that make moments extra tense as you fumble to get ready?
              This is what I've been focusing on for the past couple of weeks, mechanics and how to keep the tension going. I am definitely going to do what you suggest. What I'm struggling with is how a player tends to get less scared the more an enemy is on screen. I also don't want to draw out confrontations a la Alien Isolation. Was toying about with giving the player an invisible time limit (visual clues instead?) to kill an enemy before they open themselves up to an insta-death. Thoughts?
              Last edited by Naveed; 09-22-2017, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Been busy working on mechanics for 'From Fire' so unfortunately no pretty screens I can post here. But please check out my YouTube channel where I go over mechanics I am implementing. The pretty stuff will also come, I promise! I'm trying to get the difficult stuff (for me at least!) out the way before I start adding all the visually appealing stuff.

Here is my channel:
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1...J1V50JpZw3D0WQ

Appreciate your time and comments!

<3

Comment

I thought folks might enjoy an early prototype I did in late 2015 (or was it early 2016...) suffice to say I cannot wait to get back into creating assets and levels!

Comment

I spent most of this year working on From Fire's mechanics. I spoke about some of these mechanics at the London Is Unreal Meetup explaining how I leveraged marketplace assets as building blocks. The talk has been posted here:

https://skillsmatter.com/skillscasts...etplace-assets

Bit of a long 'un at 30 odd minutes but I hope you find time to watch it!

Comment

One of the enemies rendered in Unreal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_155348_smaller.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1533554

Comment

Testing out some grabby animation. Works in a similar fashion to Resident Evil zombies.

Comment

I have a main menu screen placeholder! Might seem small but it's quite a milestone for me after 5 years of learning the engine and building mechanics. The next steps are to build:
                          • An in game menu
                          • Persistent Settings page
                          • Ability to remap keys
                          • UI and settings Accessibility
                          • Loading screens
                          • Test it all!

Comment

Implemented an object inspector for the inventory.

Comment

I'm sorry I missed your talk!

(Love your work! )
                              I'm @londonisunreal, the organiser of the London Unreal Engine Meetup group.

Comment

Working...
                              X