Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for the responses

I've Submitted an article on IndieDB today.
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/nelo/ne...ress-update-38

And a Gameplay video, nothing too new, just an update on the endurance mode.

I think the next video I'll record will be of the new updates for the guardian mode. I might do a commentary to narrate what's going on during gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work as always

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is looking amazing. Seriously! Awesome work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many, many sci-fi games try for the desaturated, high frequency details smothered all over everything look and fail. Yours is not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still working deliver the major news update and gameplay video. But we are still working really hard on everything else. We've got more WIP images to show off as well.

Remember to go to http://www.indiedb.com/games/nelo to see the latest stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice updates there! Loving it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Neat concept! Can't wait to see more progress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just saw this thread...
    D*mn this is amaaazing!!!!
    Love that mech suit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is absolutely incredible. I'm extremely impressed with the progress your team has made and I'm looking forward to it's release!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Unreal peeps, I've got a couple more screen shots to share. They are of two more levels that are in progress. I'll also be posting more gameplay videos soon, as well as some major news updates. Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm talking about a minor reduction in value, nothing that would compromise the aesthetic. Also, as a rule, if you aesthetic gets in the way of readability and game play, I think rethinking part of your aesthetic is more than warranted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Incredible, should you choose to keep it in I can't wait to see footage of that in action. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spectronaut View Post
    I think the pace is great. There are some readability issues with all the sparks. I think you can keep the frantic pace up, but maybe seperate the colors of enemies from the colors of their explosions just a smidge.
    Keep in mind we're seeing a far blurrier, more compressed version of real gameplay via the streamed videos. Colourful games compress particularly poorly.

That said, if improved enemy legibility does turn out to be necessary, I'm sure there are ways you could achieve it without compromising on your aesthetic. Maybe It'd be as simple as adding a little stylized fresnel highlight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice mech suit!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Narlyteeth View Post
    Sometimes I feel if I'd just replace the character models with abstract shapes nobody would complain about the flashy effects and speed.
    the sparky effects are a wink at HD retro shooter aesthetics. maybe because the explosions not being rainbow colors is why it's not clicking to some.
    I think the pace is great. There are some readability issues with all the sparks. I think you can keep the frantic pace up, but maybe seperate the colors of enemies from the colors of their explosions just a smidge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X