Clear All

Dat gameplay :| So furious !
    I can't wait for the next update

Comment

Yeah that looks pro to my eyes
      Godz for UT '99 / UT 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Kris View Post
        In the day and age where you are often restricted to carrying two weapons and forced to switch between them one at a time,
        you create a game in which you can wield four of them at once.
        This sums it up pretty well, couldn't have said it any better. *clap*

Comment

Where Can I Pre-Order?
          GOD of DREAMs: A Unique FTPS/RPG Sandbox MMO

Comment

Just watched the video again and I have to admit that this is transcending just being a "game" and is looking more like a work of Art. Congratulations! What are your plans for platforms?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bramer View Post
              Re: performance on the blueprints, we followed up a bit more here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post19464 toward the middle of the post. Cameron was trying to indicate that you are mostly calling back to functionality in C++, but there is an overhead involved in doing so. Code written purely in C++ will be faster than its equivalent in blueprints.
              What a shame! I guess it did seem too good to be true. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also in response to some of the YouTube criticism: Don't tone the speed down. People like complaining and are too used to painfully slow cover shooters that demand nothing of the player.
              Senior CEO in Chief of Game Builder Club and Building 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker Co.

Oldskooler PreDigital CRTify illustrious Patreon

Comment

Would be interested in the reason for porting the blueprints to C++. Are you just optimizing early or did you really see a spike in your profiles that caused you to look into converting them into C++?

Comment

Originally posted by SF View Post
                  Also in response to some of the YouTube criticism: Don't tone the speed down. People like complaining and are too used to painfully slow cover shooters that demand nothing of the player.
                  Sometimes I feel if I'd just replace the character models with abstract shapes nobody would complain about the flashy effects and speed.
                  the sparky effects are a wink at HD retro shooter aesthetics. maybe because the explosions not being rainbow colors is why it's not clicking to some.

Nelo: UnrealForumThread
                  Official Website
                  IndieDB Page
                  YouTube Channel
                  Facebook Page
                  Twitter Page

Comment

Yeah that could be :/ It's strange because the Giger-inspired aesthetic your characters and levels have was strongly associated with Doom and Quake style shooters not that long ago, and those at their fastest are of comparable speed to how Nelo moves.

Perhaps YouTube itself is causing some of the problem? I know when I view many of my own special effects in a small frame or through the haze of video compression they appear to clutter the screen far more than they actually do during live gameplay.
                    Senior CEO in Chief of Game Builder Club and Building 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker Co.

Oldskooler PreDigital CRTify illustrious Patreon

Comment

Guys, honestly: that looks INCREDIBLE! Game speed, lit particles, LIT PARTICLES EVERYWHERE! Keep it up!

Comment

UPDATE: Here are three new enemy types I've been working on. There will be more enemies to reveal later as well as some new gameplay footage. Stay tuned.

Nelo: UnrealForumThread
                        Official Website
                        IndieDB Page
                        YouTube Channel
                        Facebook Page
                        Twitter Page

Comment

Those models look so good...

Comment

Very nice, love the unique weapons setup.

Comment

Certainly one of the most impressive looking projects I've seen so far, those enemies looks really nice!

What are you using for modeling?

Comment

Insane gameplay and visuals grats!
                                Level Designer - Programmer

@alejosilos
                                Youtube Channel
                                LinkedIN profile
                                Behance Profile

Comment

Working...
                                X