Nelo. A game by Magic & Mirrors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was watching this game on indiedb looks amazing and i wish you luck with it
    Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

Comment

Freaking cool man! I dig it!

Comment

Very impressive! The action looks quite fresh and the fast movement seems fun.
        Senior CEO in Chief of Game Builder Club and Building 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker Co.

Oldskooler PreDigital CRTify illustrious Patreon

Comment

this is amazingggg!
          Game Artist

Comment

It looks amazing. I dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by Narlyteeth View Post
              Thank You. This is what We Have Playable in UE4. All is written in BluePrint but we are now in the process of converting the core mechanics to C++. It's work in progress, but please enjoy.
              If everything is working so well in BP why change it over to C++?
              Mike "Z"
              UI / Game Designer
              LinkedIn

Comment

This looks incredible!

Comment

If everything is working so well in BP why change it over to C++?
                  I am not a programmer, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't C++ faster than BP?
                  I know this was the case with kismet (ucscript was much faster). Is that still the case with BP vs. C++?
                  Portfolio
                  UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 1 DVD
                  UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 2 DVD

Comment

Project looks really nice! Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by JBaldwin View Post
                    I am not a programmer, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't C++ faster than BP?
                    I know this was the case with kismet (ucscript was much faster). Is that still the case with BP vs. C++?
                    BP performance is about equal to uscript. Which means C++ is about 10x faster than BP (on average).
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    [New On Marketplace] Custom Character Creator
                    [Marketplace]Multiplayer Melee Combat System - Animated Crossbow

Comment

Which means C++ is about 10x faster than BP (on average).
                      Seems about right Definitely one of several good reasons to implement it in C++ rather than BP.
                      Portfolio
                      UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 1 DVD
                      UE3 - Advanced FX Masterclass Part 2 DVD

Comment

Devs have said in the live streams that BP is almost as fast as C++. It's essentially just C++ snippets represented spatially.
                        Senior CEO in Chief of Game Builder Club and Building 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker Co.

Oldskooler PreDigital CRTify illustrious Patreon

Comment

Just saw new concepts they look awesome.

Comment

Very cool! Will definitely keep an eye on this one

Originally posted by SF View Post
                            Devs have said in the live streams that BP is almost as fast as C++. It's essentially just C++ snippets represented spatially.
                            Re: performance on the blueprints, we followed up a bit more here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post19464 toward the middle of the post. Cameron was trying to indicate that you are mostly calling back to functionality in C++, but there is an overhead involved in doing so. Code written purely in C++ will be faster than its equivalent in blueprints.
                            Lead Programmer (Gameplay), Fortnite, Epic Games
                            Twitter: @EpicIrascible

Comment

To Be Honest, I wanted to rewrite the core gameplay in C++ because some of my blueprint classes keep getting corrupt. I don't think starting in BP was a bad idea. it's easy to iterate and try new things with instant feed back/debugging. and BP works like a guideline when rewriting in C++. I'll have no need to make small things like interactive environment objects (like destructible cars and barrels for example) with C++. but I feel the Core Gameplay needs to be made in C++ at the end of the day. from my experience BPs can be potentially unstable, and I'm sure this is something Epic is already working on improving. I can't call my self a programmer (I'm more from a 3D art background)and I've never used C++ before but I wouldn't be able to write anything if it wasn't for making the game in BP first as well as Epic being very clear with their documentation and providing material to dissect like shootergame for example. so I would like to thank Epic Games for being on top of making their engine the most designer friendly platform I've ever worked with.

Nelo: UnrealForumThread
                              Official Website
                              IndieDB Page
                              YouTube Channel
                              Facebook Page
                              Twitter Page

Comment

In the day and age where you are often restricted to carrying two weapons and forced to switch between them one at a time,
                                you create a game in which you can wield four of them at once.
                                Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X