• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom_CreditKoola.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	638.9 KB
ID:	1124376

koola, achieving photorealistic rendering in UE4 resulting in a day of frustration no sleep (my soul is a awake but my body is in vain) but thankfully I find your link in some blog and now here. imagine whole rest weekend the all I do was reading this thread of yours and tweaking and tweaking replicate your method and boom i made that bathroom example, as you can see it still had a problem in shadow bleeding (Wrong UV), i'm using Cinema4D UV0-UV1 UVTag, unlike maya it has already an lightmap settings for UV. anyway I still manage to get what I want and looking for more of your works. Imagine no compositing in Photoshop or AE for this to achieve.

thank you and again you save my frustrated life on this line. and note it also play in how you make the material more believable, even you make the whole settings to ultra if your material is not that realistic or physically true you can't achieve this. also lighting.

can't thank you enough dude!!!. GOODNIGHT!!!! you save me!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Archviz lighting

Hello,

I am also trying to make a interior scene in UNREAL but unfortunately it is not looking so realistic.
    so, can anyone suggest any tips or guide me that how to achieve realistic look in the scenes. And I would also like if someone tell me about baselightmass.ini. in detail.

I have also attached the images of my project.

Thanks in advance.

My email-id : nsingh7798@gmail.com

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	435.1 KB
ID:	1120706

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	430.3 KB
ID:	1120707
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You inspire me [MENTION=5618]koola[/MENTION]

https://youtu.be/2K5OSwuz8LY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone,

Awesome job on the lighting Nice scenes
    Last edited by Daniel100; 12-06-2016, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm so happy

Thanks Koola! Because of your work, I'm inspired. Check these pics. I'm in love with UE !

PIC1
    PIC2
    PIC3
    PIC4
    PIC5
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ koola

I just want to thank you for inspiring me with your great work! You just made me starting to learn the UE for my architectural projects, modeling everything in ArchiCAD and than exporting it to Cinema4D and than UE (I know bad workflow).

Anyways, thank you for your great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The update is now available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    Hi !

I did some updates on the scene to use the latest lighting features.
    This time I use the skylight portals and I don't tweak the lightmass.ini.

I hope the update on the marketplace will be quick.

BEFORE :

AFTER :
    it's still not updated :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi !

I did some updates on the scene to use the latest lighting features.
    This time I use the skylight portals and I don't tweak the lightmass.ini.

I hope the update on the marketplace will be quick.

BEFORE :

AFTER :

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi koola, its really cool demo!

but weird thing is i cant find your project on marketplace anymore by searching it

i found this link:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ior-day-light#

but it give me error when i tried to download it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The videos and stills you have posted, to get these to look the say they do, are these rendered out from UE?
    Im not sure how to explain what i am meaning, but do these look the same in realtime, as they do in the videos, when navigating the environment as a player? Would one see the beautiful lighting and materiality exactly replicated when playing in realtime? The same as the videos capture, does that make sense?

It look the same on editor (or standalone) in realtime (around 30fps, depending on the scene)

Is the mesh, created inside UE4? ... to much questions ! ... texture pack?

I think all the answers are here : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/

Some tests on particles and shading. This is really not optimized, too many transparent particles, big messy shader ... but well, it was fun to do

hey koola! how are you handing the rain splashes? can you share how you're do it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i want the wireframe from the meshes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot for your help.

In fact, this morning, as I wasn´t succesful with the reflectors, I switched to skylight + portals, and the scene is looking great again... nice!

You can check it, it still needs some postprocess tweaking, and maybe 1 or 2 extra "flash" lights, but looks quite natural:

Name:	BuildDarknessError_Solved_Thanks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	1109189

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

In 4.12, objects with "Actor Hidden In Game" enabled are no more took into account for light bake. You need to select all the reflector and uncheck this parameter.
    Or you can use a skylight with Lightmass Portals at the windows.
    Also IIRC 4.12 has problem with roughness rendering which turns lighting intensity and speculars down. That was a known bug, not sure if it has been fixed or not. If it's fixed then koola said enough

Leave a comment:

Working...
X