ArchViz / Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gnosis View Post
    I second this! Posting your scene to somewhere for download, or making a quick tutorial how we can achieve lighting like that on our own would be very much appreciated.
    Yes, I think a basic Screencapture describing your workflow (UV Layout, Ex-/Import, Materials & Lighting) would even help most people more, since dissecting a scene isn't as enlightening as to hear someone talking about his workflow Any tutorial in this kind of direction would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Koola I'd pay a gumroad tutorial of how you get your lighting like that. I also appreciate your sense of style, it's simple geometry but your camera knowledge, lighting and shaders are fantastic.

Incredible work.

PS. I'd also love to get my hands on your scene right now, instead of waiting for the community store.

Comment

For everybody asking for a tutorial - I think it has to do not with lighting per se, but with UE4's tonemapper and realtime reflections. Couple of years ago I was playnig with Unity's Beast tech and was able to achieve similar results in indoor scenes (I was simulating realtime reflections with custom cubemap probes). The lighting part was relatively simple, but the crucial one was tonemapper - once I was able to find ideal settings working for that particular scene, it looked stunning. So I think UE4 succeeded with implementing a good tonemapper that imitates actual film response, or Koola managed to tweak it really well. And sure, realtime reflections with proper fresnel and displacement distortions visible on hard angles add a lot to perceived realism
        Unreal Tournament: Premise, Art Direction and Concept Art References

Comment

Koola Beautiful work love it, can someone tell if its hard to make things like this i LOVE realism my Vid card is made for it (GTX 690) and im going to a school for 3d etc (First year). But UE4 pops out for me i love it but never tried im new to everything
          But i wanna try this how long does it take to achieve this skill and do i need to know how to program? I hope someone can give me some info about it i would love to try it.

Comment

Do you have a website or blog where you show how you do it ?

Comment

Koola, I have been studying this thread since you started it and want to congratulate you on your amazing work. Not only does it look technically fantastic but the art style
              of lighting and texture work is also very impressive.
              I´m a UE4 subscriber since April and mostly because I am interested in realtime architectural vizualisation, specially with VR / Dk 2.
              I´m very thankful for the tipps and workflow descriptions you posted in this thread already. It motivated me to experiment some more and try to bring my results a step further.
              Specially regarding the lighting. I was using the spots directly as a sky portal for the windows, but your indirect approach gives much better results.

Since most of my scenes where much to big to experiment I build a small room to experiment with lighting, shaders and models.
              At this point I would also like to thank the UE4 team for the 4.4.1 update. Finally the DK2 support works like a charm
              Performance is still an issue (40 fps on a 770 GTX), but finally I have a scene I can play around with optimizations for oculus performance.
              But even with the stuttering it is fantastic to walk through my room, kneel down and geht close to the bowl on the table. I absolutely love the engine.
              I´m putting one model after the other into my scene just to look at
              Keep up the fantastic work with the Engine and Koola, I´m looking forward seeing some more cool stuff ... an maybe a few new tipps Click image for larger version

Name:	interior_testroom_140822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	1054004

Comment

Originally posted by DIO_666 View Post
                Since most of my scenes where much to big to experiment I build a small room to experiment with lighting, shaders and models.

But even with the stuttering it is fantastic to walk through my room, kneel down and geht close to the bowl on the table. I absolutely love the engine.
                I´m putting one model after the other into my scene just to look at
                That looks pretty solid, too! Keep it up
                Last edited by moritzw; 09-06-2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Alex Roman

Hey bro! Awesome work with Unreal, but ya should have mentioned Alex Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonkster View Post
                    Hey bro! Awesome work with Unreal, but ya should have mentioned Alex Roman.
                    He said he got inspired by Alex Roman, so before post no sense comments, read every post!

Comment

Originally posted by Gnosis View Post
                      I second this! Posting your scene to somewhere for download, or making a quick tutorial how we can achieve lighting like that on our own would be very much appreciated.
                      He submitted it to the Marketplace, you can Vote on it here: https://trello.com/c/ZqCuUr7V

I think it needs enough votes to get put up?

Comment

Koola, you are a great motivator! I was truly inspired by your ability to build such quality shots in UE4. Not sure if you had a chance to see what I got going on my end, but here it is:

I thought I'd let you know you are a huge inspiration! Keep up the good work man! I plan on doing something today and will be posting on my thread.

-AJ
                        robotpencil.net

Comment

Originally posted by John Vanderbeck View Post
                          He submitted it to the Marketplace, you can Vote on it here: https://trello.com/c/ZqCuUr7V

I think it needs enough votes to get put up?
                          I've been following this thread for a while but I'm unfamiliar with the marketplace. Can't the files just be uploaded elsewhere for download? Or is this so he can charge for them on the marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by Robotpencil View Post
                            Koola, you are a great motivator! I was truly inspired by your ability to build such quality shots in UE4. Not sure if you had a chance to see what I got going on my end, but here it is:

I thought I'd let you know you are a huge inspiration! Keep up the good work man! I plan on doing something today and will be posting on my thread.

-AJ
                            robotpencil.net
                            Is it hard to achieve a skill like that?

Comment

Originally posted by maxwood View Post
                              I've been following this thread for a while but I'm unfamiliar with the marketplace. Can't the files just be uploaded elsewhere for download? Or is this so he can charge for them on the marketplace?
                              Well i'm sure he could, but that is really the whole point of the Marketplace. Plus the Marketplace makes it dead easy to download and add to a project. Also stuff on the Marketplace can be free or pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Marnik16 View Post
                                Is it hard to achieve a skill like that?
                                Hey friend!

I spent the last 2-3 weeks grinding in unreal figuring out the tools and software, but they provide a robust amount of content for education. Just got to dig in

-AJ

Comment

Working...
                                X