[WIP] Caves, Rocks and Plant packages.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Caves, Rocks and Plant packages.

I am currently (on and off) working on three packages and getting them ready for the marketplace.
    Since images say more than words Ill post some images (and some additional info)

_____
    Luos's low poly rock package
    _____

Info:
    - Over 140 different rocks.
    - Average polycount of 147.
    - Will come with about 12-16 self made 2k/2k materials.

Contact sheet

Random images:

_____
    Luos's Modular Cave Pack
    _____

- Around 100 modular cave pieces.
    - Easily placeable on grid.
    - Will come with a variety of textures.

Top down view:

Random Image:

(Will look much better in editor once material is set up properly)

_____
    Luos's Flora package.
    _____

- Currently contains 32 plants, but made enough photos of leafs to create at least another 100-150.
    - Will be free to use for UT4 maps.

Contact sheet:

Random images:

_____

Additional notes:
    - I will make sure all models come with proper light-map uv's and LOD's, well set up materials and a variety of texture atlases to keep them as optimal as I can possibly get them.
    - currently these are all renders from 3dsmax, no normal maps, detail maps and other finer details are currently added. (they will all look much better once I finish importing/editing them)

I like this

Comment

Nice work Luos! I am looking forward to seeing this on the marketplace!
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Oh nice! I have a side project in mind that I could totally use these assets with. Keep it up, and I will look forward seeing them on the Marketplace
        Current Project - *shush shush* Soon. Soon.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments guys

If anybody has a suggestion for a particular cave shape, let me know

On an additional note, its really hard to find tropical leaves where I live..
          so if anybody is willing to get me a load of high res flat photos of tropical leaves Ill trade you these packages once they are done.

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
            Thanks for the kind comments guys

If anybody has a suggestion for a particular cave shape, let me know

On an additional note, its really hard to find tropical leaves where I live..
            so if anybody is willing to get me a load of high res flat photos of tropical leaves Ill trade you these packages once they are done.
            If I could make any suggestions to a cave shape, one I might suggest is a few sections that appear as if they were carved out by a man. I.E. Mine shaft. So they would be a little bit more symmetrical or something like that.
            Current Project - *shush shush* Soon. Soon.

Comment

Those plants look beautiful!
              FREE VR Drum Kit Project
              FREE Color LUT Collection
              FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
              FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
              Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
              Camera Crossfade

Comment

Looking forward to this! Keep it up.
                Portfolio

Comment

The rocks could need a lot more work, imo.

Comment

Great job Luos! I really love those plants. Keep up the fantastic work!

Comment

Looking forward to that Marketplace baby! Whew! Take my money! . . . Well. . . Be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by reok View Post
                        The rocks could need a lot more work, imo.
                        they look much much better with a good shader setup, and even though I personally do not agree with your statement I personally am starting to think I could do more besides mostly rounded rocks.
                        also, its rather easy to just say "lots more work" If you think so, then provide insight on how to improve the rocks.

__

Originally posted by breese45 View Post
                        Looking forward to that Marketplace baby! Whew! Take my money! . . . Well. . . Be reasonable.
                        Don't worry, they wont cost more than i.e. a few burgers or salads would cost you

__

thanks for the kind comments all

Comment

The flora looks absolutely amazing, I am really liking the color of those leaves.
                          Web developer by day, hobbyist by night. - - @vitaliyvitaliyz

Comment

Luos, you said you made photos of leaves - does that mean you took actual pictures with a camera and then created the textures based on that? If yes then I'm wondering how does the process go? How do you select from which angle you want to take a picture of it?

Also I agree that the flora looks amazing.

Comment

I find rocks endlessly frustrating to produce. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X