No announcement yet.

Uber Hi-Res Earth Shader - Work In Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of sheer curiosity, how close can you zoom without loosing detail /quality?
    [On Hold]WIP: Vertex-Based Ledge Detection/Parkour Engine

Looking for fellow programmers to develop a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
      Out of sheer curiosity, how close can you zoom without loosing detail /quality?
      Well you can get closer than the current Camera Clipping plane , so definitely close enough haha. At that point though the detail is mostly injected by the tiling detail textures, but when you're that close you don't really notice them.

Comment

Mind taking a screenie? :P
        [On Hold]WIP: Vertex-Based Ledge Detection/Parkour Engine

Looking for fellow programmers to develop a project.

Comment

Wow! Absolutely blown away by the seamless texturing. This is truly amazing and inspiring work.

Comment

Amazing work!!!

Comment

Simply beautiful work, keep it up!

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

What can I say... Mother nature and NASA did all the hard work for me

Thanks peoples! Means a lot when you're starting at it everyday of the week... The breakdown video will come eventually!

Comment

Holy mother of planets! Can't wait for a tutorial/explanation. I've showed the screens to my colleague and he also said that this is an incredible piece of work.

Comment

I could make use of this for a project I'm working on, do you have an ETA for public release of the assets or do you not plan to release it publicly?

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
                      I could make use of this for a project I'm working on, do you have an ETA for public release of the assets or do you not plan to release it publicly?
                      I can answer that one for you

He is building this as part of a cinematic mission control experience for a Satellite Control Station, so he won't be able to provide any downloads for the project.
                      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Would you be willing to share how you approached the lightning? I've been playing around with using a cloud mask and some panning/rotating masks to create a sort of travelling wave of flashes, but I notice your lightning seems a lot more advanced.

Thanks!

Comment

Any news?

Comment

yes, i'm also totally interested in the northern lights but also, how you get the atmospheres and the lights fade out to the night side.

Comment

Sorry folks for some reason I don't get updates from the thread anymore... @Charleston - DotCam is indeed correct, this isn't going to be a publicly available asset for the meantime, although I'd like to do it eventually. The team I'm working with is in the process of incorporating (with me included), so I'll have to wait until all the legal *******s is sorted until I can figure out what to do with it. The project we're developing it for might not leave us with IP rights, so depends on a few things outside of my control atm.

As for the enquiries about how this was all done, I'd really like to do a Twitch Stream on it soon. I've planned out a few tutorials/explanations I'm going to do on the stream already, and it'd make sense for me to do this there too.

Here's the planned list, and the channel is thusly: twitch.tv/thejamsh

https://twitter.com/_TheJamsh/status/563477000720244736

Hope this will help people

Originally posted by Steve Hardister View Post
                              Wow! Absolutely blown away by the seamless texturing. This is truly amazing and inspiring work.
                              Thanks Steve! Means a lot coming from a UE dev

Comment

wow, that is good news!
                                thanks for the effort in advance. seems this will be a great lesson.
                                so long! keep it up!
                                sascha

Comment

Working...
                                X