Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Ship

Attached Files
    Last edited by Defiledx4; 08-02-2014, 07:08 PM.

well for starters I would suggest starting over with a cleaner mesh.

I'm not sure what all the segmentation is on the mesh, it kinda looks like you might have chamferred every edge, which I would not recommend. Though it's kinda hard to see what is going on.

Just start with a Basic hull, devoid of detail, on your mesh the back end flares up like a spoiler, but the reference ship does not do that.
    -James Hibbert
    Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Bookman View Post
      well for starters I would suggest starting over with a cleaner mesh.

I'm not sure what all the segmentation is on the mesh, it kinda looks like you might have chamferred every edge, which I would not recommend. Though it's kinda hard to see what is going on.

Just start with a Basic hull, devoid of detail, on your mesh the back end flares up like a spoiler, but the reference ship does not do that.
      Oh man.. so I must start again ? **** !!!! uhm so you suggest that I must start from the back? not the front or what?

Comment

Start from, where you like, I just can't seem to make heads or tails of your poly flow.

Don't take this as harsh criticism, just part of the learning experience.

The ref looks like a good simple design to start with, just take it one step at a time. do a basic body outline devoid of any detail like ridges or weapons or what have you. just "white box " it get the basic shape in there, then refine the details from large to small.
        -James Hibbert
        Portfolio

Comment

Wow! This looks amazing!

Comment

Working...
          X