[UE4/Environment] SAMPA // a near future sci-fi city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man,

you can actually use reflection captures together with the movable skylight and DFAO if you have upgraded to 4.4! The trick is to allow the reflection environment to capture from Diffuse. Normally it also needs Lightmass information, so if you have no Lightmass, the reflection environment is black. Back in the days you could just disable "reflection environment lightmap mixing"....but thats not working anymore.

So now, you have to type in "r.DiffusefromCapture 1" or put "r.DiffusefromCapture=1" into the ConsoleVariables to make it work with dynamic lighting. Note that it doe still not update in realtime during game though That would be neat

Cheers!
    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

This looks very good, has a Japanese feel to it.

My only critique would be about the trees. The type of trees look out of place, maybe something more to these:

- Big city tree
      http://transportblog.co.nz/wp-conten...TREES_5898.jpg

- Sidewalk small tree
      http://www.el-cerrito.org/images/pages/N463/tree1.jpg

btw is this going to be a game?

Comment

nice work. compliments
        || DigitalTRX | C4DGames ||

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
          Hey man,

you can actually use reflection captures together with the movable skylight and DFAO if you have upgraded to 4.4! The trick is to allow the reflection environment to capture from Diffuse. Normally it also needs Lightmass information, so if you have no Lightmass, the reflection environment is black. Back in the days you could just disable "reflection environment lightmap mixing"....but thats not working anymore.

So now, you have to type in "r.DiffusefromCapture 1" or put "r.DiffusefromCapture=1" into the ConsoleVariables to make it work with dynamic lighting. Note that it doe still not update in realtime during game though That would be neat

Cheers!
          Aw cool! I ended up using lightmaps for the final piece though, even thouugh it takes a bit to build the lighting the map runs much faster

Anyways, thanks everyone for crits and support. I just posted the final piece in the release works section, head over here to check out the final screenhots!

www.thiagoklafke.com
          www.unreal4environments.com

Unreal 4 Projects:
          Tutorial: Modular Modern Office
          Sampa VR
          Temple of Utu

Comment

Can you make a version of the video that has no copyright protected music in it? Youtube in Germany is not showing it because of that
            Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
              Can you make a version of the video that has no copyright protected music in it? Youtube in Germany is not showing it because of that
              I was about to mention this, but most people don't know our pain with blocked videos due to music in Germany and I don't want to bring it up 50 timers a day. Also people should be able to use whatever music they feel like. So http://www.unblocker.yt remains the best way for Firefox users .

Comment

Fantastic, keep it up!
                ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Updated the video with a stock youtube music so german users can watch it

******* draconian DRMs...
                  www.thiagoklafke.com

Unreal 4 Projects:
                  Sampa VR
                  Temple of Utu

Comment

Long time Lurker, first time poster.
                    Great work.
                    If you are after more fluidity with your camera edits make sure you cut to the camera while it is already into/through the movement, removing the stopping and starting easing.

Comment

Originally posted by lilrich999 View Post
                      Long time Lurker, first time poster.
                      Great work.
                      If you are after more fluidity with your camera edits make sure you cut to the camera while it is already into/through the movement, removing the stopping and starting easing.
                      Good point, several people pointed this out too
                      www.thiagoklafke.com

Unreal 4 Projects:
                      Sampa VR
                      Temple of Utu

Comment

Is this like, procedurally generated using blueprint, or are they set pieces that are meticulously placed down? I'd love to see what all the individual pieces look like.

Comment

This is looking fantastic. Any chance you could explain your workflow roughly? Do you model all those props and building in Maya, Blender, 3ds? I would love to learn how to do this, any chance you put me into the right direction?
                          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Very nice work! For some reason the first screen made me think of the UT 99 map Zeitkind. Spent many (too many) hours in that map.

Comment

That looks cool, good job!

Comment

Working...
                              X