Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics Forests - A New Real-time Fluid Solver - Download demo NOW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so ready to buy this.

Will it be on Unreal Market place soon? Can I get my hands on it before it hits the market? I'll pay you up to 300$ just to beta test it and be able to use it before you release it here.

I'm not making a game so my requirments for speed optimizations are not the same as everybody else.

I am using Unreal to make real time visualisations and I've got 1080Ti with 11 GB memory, machine with 32 GB and 6 cores right now and I plan to get 2080 in few months and ThreadRipper 2 as well.

Can we talk about beta access? I am eager to try this ASAP!

I'll be using it for project featuring these bad boys among others, so once I start showing it to the world you'll get **** load of exposure as well and hopefully many more sales

I'm really sold on this plugin, so please get in touch!

Click image for larger version  Name:	allosaurus.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.9 KB ID:	1531184

Click image for larger version

Name:	brachiosaurus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1531185

Last edited by niko_craft; 09-22-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I only need watterfalls, if you got them working in Unreal Plugin, lets talk

Comment

I need this plugin, how do I get it? I would gladly beta test and provide feedback. Where do I send my money?!

Comment

Do you think the plugin can achieve jelly-like fluids? or even mimic an object's shape to create soft tires for vehicles and whatnot?

Comment

About a year ago we decided to postpone the development of the plugin mainly for 2 reasons:
            1) we were not happy about the quality of simulations
            2) there were some performance issues ( https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-from-gpu.html )

Meanwhile the simulations became much better (this might not be obvious from videos, but it would be, if we published old version of demo) and also that data transfer problem seems resolvable. So a few days ago we have resumed the development of the plugin(s). I can't promise any date though.

Originally posted by JX53mb View Post
            Do you think the plugin can achieve jelly-like fluids?
            current version does not support elasto-plastic fluids, but it should be possible, we just haven't done it yet

Comment

Looks awesome. I need water physics but it doesn't need to be too realistic, even Minecraft's water physic is quite enough for me. Is it possible to get some cheap water simulation on huge world?

Comment

lubor_ If you need help figuring out how to get your project integrated with ue4 in an efficient manner, then you could also post on this forum. If you were a bit more transparent about your problems and why you can't proceed, then the people that are interested in ue4 support may do research for you for free. I've been coming back to this forum for a while waiting for more news. I'd pitch in if it meant finishing the ue4 integration.

Comment

Originally posted by lubor_ View Post
                  data transfer problem seems resolvable.
                  lubor_ I'd love to know how you solved or resolved the GPU-CPU-GPU transfer problem. Have you achieved direct GPU-GPU data transfer on UE4?

Comment

lubor_ Any eta on plugin release date, i thinks there's a lot of demand, i've been following it from two years and i would really like to get my hands on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakushi_52 View Post
                      lubor_ I'd love to know how you solved or resolved the GPU-CPU-GPU transfer problem. Have you achieved direct GPU-GPU data transfer on UE4?
                      Originally posted by IronSuit View Post
                      lubor_ Any eta on plugin release date, i thinks there's a lot of demand, i've been following it from two years and i would really like to get my hands on it.
                      We got it to work with 4.14 some time ago, but the solution doesn't work with 4.21 due to compatibility issues (macros in RHI changed and there isn't much documentation). We also got it to work with Unity (good documentation) and everything works same fast as in our demo. However, our further tests revealed some problems. There was too much overhead, when our fluid should have interacted with other physics frameworks (PhysX / Bullet), due to different data representations etc. After some analysis we concluded we can do much better and decided to do our own semi-ML rigid body / destruction solver. We've been working on it in the last half year and so far all finished components look very promising. We do not want to publicly release anything before it is all practically useful without much support from our side.

Comment

lubor_ Thank you for your reply. So did you make a kind of your original procedural mesh component like "GPU mesh component" using some RHI functions? I've also read Unity has a good documentation for using GPU resource directly.
                        When I made a real-time marching cubes with CUDA, GPU data transfer was a big problem...
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...nreal-engine-4

Comment

Looking at the paper... I am no PhD candidate so correct me please: It looks like there needs to be a training of the neural network that can take days? Is that based on the environment of the to be simulated fluid? So it has to have a static surroundings?

How big is the data set of the neural network? Is this like "prerendering" the fluid behavior and if so how does that translate to a "new real-time" fluid engine? Or am I totally missing the way this works?

Comment

Originally posted by rebusb View Post
                            It looks like there needs to be a training of the neural network that can take days? Is that based on the environment of the to be simulated fluid? So it has to have a static surroundings?
                            Training takes week(s), but when it gets released, it will already contain trained model and only evaluation code. The simulation works on completely new scenes - none of the meshes or animations in the released demo has been used during training.

Comment

Working...
                            X